• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had to have this conversation over the weekend

teeray

not everyone in the stadium wearing an opposing teams colors is a jerk. My friend is a bears fan and I found him tickets to go. yes you read that correctly. Hes from chicago. moved here to provide a better life for himself and his kid. He was born a bears fan. He is a fan of the panthers and supports the team as much as I do. Its not everyday he gets to watch his team play in person. His bears lost but the scoreboard was meaningless to him. Just the fact he was able to see them was more than enough.

Almost bring tears to me.

Google search the Bears fans that put battery acid in a Steeler fans beer at Kitty O'Shea's after a preseason game. Guess they were talking smack to each other after the game. One guy snuck out and got car battery acid or something and laced the guys beer. Dude went into a coma, not sure if he survived or not.

Edit:

Here is a link. Looks like he survived but he's blind now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chicago-bar-visit-leaves-steelers-171700799--nfl.html

This reminds me of the Texas fan who was nearly castrated in an Oklahoma bar.  Some guys just take it a wee-bit too far.

My son came home in a Tar Heel beanie as I did 28 years earlier, but believe you me, at the Cincinnati preseason game in '11 I bought my little man his first jersey and my first Cam jersey.  I witnessed Cams first scramble for a TD in person with that little tiny jersey in my hands like a growl towel waving it over my head.  I came home and put my son in it.  I was passing the torch.  I know Panther fandom is safe for at least another generation.

This may be piggy backing off of SCP's post a little bit but...

First a very quick and brief background. I live in Raleigh, but was interested in buying PSLs. My uncle just happens to own some and is getting tired of driving to Charlotte from the coast where he lives 8 times a year. So we made a deal. Next season we will split the season ticket costs 50/50 and we will do a lottery to see who gets what tickets, and then in 2016 I will buy the PSLs from him outright and he gave me a great deal on them. No one really knew about this yet.....,,,..

I just wish more Panther fans were willing to pay a premium price to see the team. You are buying PSLs. Too many won't buy a ticket unless it's below face value when the team struggles, then get pissed at what they go for during the good times. Wouldn't it be nice if Panther fans had bought those seats occupied by Steeler and Bears fans. Lots of them paid double face value for them. Everyone here wants to demonize the seat owner who sold them. Why not demonize the Panther fan who was too cheap to buy them.

Archived