• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had to have this conversation over the weekend

teeray

I know if for some reason I ever left this great city and moved somewhere far away, I would immediately be one of the assholes that we hate here.

But at least I will be a fan of a team I've supported from my hometown, not just the team that my uncle bubba told me to like growing up.

i'm by no means in the "we should do everything we can to make visiting fans feel welcome" camp but i can at least understand if you're from the area originally. 

i knew someone in college who was a browns fan from ohio and he was completely insane and hilarious.  he had actually put together a browns/"fug the steelers" themed man cave in his garage.  like there were steeler fatheads up on the wall that he had defaced, a mannequin wearing a yellow shirt with a giant "7" on it hung in effigy in the corner, and some other stuff.

Every time the Panthers come to Oakland or SF, I'm that guy. Grew up less than 50 miles away during the golden years, and yet, fug them.

fug them with everything I have.

Go Panthers.

See this is ok though in my book because you are a Panther fan and I have no problems with double standards.

I grew up on southern California a rams fan. In 1996 they moved to St Louis and I burned my fan card. That same year I moved my family to the Carolinas and immediately started watching and cheering for every panthers game with the same passion that I once had for the rams. After 5 years in the Carolinas we moved back home to southern California and I continued cheering for the Carolina panthers and watched every game at a bar until I eventually got the NFL ticket. We moved to Florida in 05 and I still to this day pull for the Carolina panthers, my team and that of both my teenage boys. I raised them to be fans of the panthers and we will be our whole lives.

Oh yeah, to those who say they would switch allegiances if they moved to a different city. Screw that. I work in Jacksonville and live not far from there and I definitely have a soft spot for them but not on game day against the Carolina panthers and I will not switch allegiances to the jaguars ever.

I made this point elsewhere but the Bears fans around me were very respectful. Anyone have any problems in their sections?

I was a little surprised in that I have heard soldier field can be a nightmare for opposing fans.

Not like other fan bases. They were loud but they were focused on the game for the most part. I had a handful around me.

Google search the Bears fans that put battery acid in a Steeler fans beer at Kitty O'Shea's after a preseason game. Guess they were talking smack to each other after the game. One guy snuck out and got car battery acid or something and laced the guys beer. Dude went into a coma, not sure if he survived or not.

Edit:

Here is a link. Looks like he survived but he's blind now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chicago-bar-visit-leaves-steelers-171700799--nfl.html

Every time the Panthers come to Oakland or SF, I'm that guy. Grew up less than 50 miles away during the golden years, and yet, fug them.

fug them with everything I have.

Go Panthers.

Raiders were in LA when we were younger.

More important. Fug the Niners. Fug SF. All their teams.

And well I guess Santa Clara too.

My kids are all Panther fans. Seriously fug the Niners.

Archived