• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had to have this conversation over the weekend

teeray

not everyone in the stadium wearing an opposing teams colors is a jerk.  My friend is a bears fan and I found him tickets to go.  yes you read that correctly.   Hes from chicago.  moved here to provide a better life for himself and his kid.  He was born a bears fan.  He is a fan of the panthers and supports the team as much as I do.  Its not everyday he gets to watch his team play in person.  His bears lost but the scoreboard was meaningless to him.  Just the fact he was able to see them was more than enough. 

not everyone in the stadium wearing an opposing teams colors is a jerk. My friend is a bears fan and I found him tickets to go. yes you read that correctly. Hes from chicago. moved here to provide a better life for himself and his kid. He was born a bears fan. He is a fan of the panthers and supports the team as much as I do. Its not everyday he gets to watch his team play in person. His bears lost but the scoreboard was meaningless to him. Just the fact he was able to see them was more than enough.

That is a pleasant heart warming story about a guy that got to see his favorite team that he rarely gets to see play live

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

We are trying to cultivate an intimidating home field environment. Not run a make a wish foundation for every displaced rival NFL team fan in NC.

That is a pleasant heart warming story about a guy that got to see his favorite team that he rarely gets to see play live

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

We are trying to cultivate an intimidating home field environment. Not run a make a wish foundation for every displaced rival NFL team fan in NC.

HAHAHAHA!!!.....oh God!.....I love this place!.......LOL!

Everyone over the age of 35 was a fan of some other team before the Panthers were born.  I was an Eagles fan.  But I became a Panther fan and a PSL owner and support our team.  And if I moved to another city where there was a local team it would take a while but eventually I would switch my loyalty to them because again they are the hometown team and I support that.  Don't know about Atlanta or Dallas though.  I do have my limits.  I understand folks that are inflexible but honestly don't think that is a good thing.  The world requires you to change and grow and evolve.

Everyone over the age of 35 was a fan of some other team before the Panthers were born. I was an Eagles fan. But I became a Panther fan and a PSL owner and support our team. And if I moved to another city where there was a local team it would take a while but eventually I would switch my loyalty to them because again they are the hometown team and I support that. Don't know about Atlanta or Dallas though. I do have my limits. I understand folks that are inflexible but honestly don't think that is a good thing. The world requires you to change and grow and evolve.

Before the Panthers I was kind of a player fan, and pulled for teams that my favorite players played on.

I like Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, etc so whatever team they played for I kind of rooted for them.

I have deep family history in Atlanta so I kind of kept up with them too.

But for the most part I was an NFL fan without a team until the Panthers existed.

If I moved I don't know if I could totally change my allegiances, but I would almost certainly adopt dual allegiances

not everyone in the stadium wearing an opposing teams colors is a jerk.  My friend is a bears fan and I found him tickets to go.  yes you read that correctly.   Hes from chicago.  moved here to provide a better life for himself and his kid.  He was born a bears fan.  He is a fan of the panthers and supports the team as much as I do.  Its not everyday he gets to watch his team play in person.  His bears lost but the scoreboard was meaningless to him.  Just the fact he was able to see them was more than enough. 

75483-Jim-Carrey-OH-COME-ON-gif-ZK0t.gif

This is way too civil and reasonable for sports fandom. 

Before the Panthers I was kind of a player fan, and pulled for teams that my favorite players played on.

I like Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, etc so whatever team they played for I kind of rooted for them.

I have deep family history in Atlanta so I kind of kept up with them too.

But for the most part I was an NFL fan without a team until the Panthers existed.

If I moved I don't know if I could totally change my allegiances, but I would almost certainly adopt dual allegiances

I did that for the first 8 years here but really knew I made the switch when we played the Eagles in 2003 and I rooted hard for the Panthers to beat the Eagles.and haven't looked back since.

I know if for some reason I ever left this great city and moved somewhere far away, I would immediately be one of the assholes that we hate here.

But at least I will be a fan of a team I've supported from my hometown, not just the team that my uncle bubba told me to like growing up.

I must admit that I tried to hang on to the Steelers (and, yes, I actually lived there in the North Hills area for a little bit) for years, but there is nothing like supporting your true home team.  One year (probably 2009), I had to come to grips and realize that I talked and lived Panthers at least 95 percent of the time, so I had to let the ghost of the Steelers move on.  Nothing against the Steelers pre se, but they just didn't do it for me.  The switch had already taken place, even before I officially cut the ties.  

As for selling someone tickets, it's a free country.  The Panthers fan base is still evolving.

Archived