• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Down Brenton Bersin

Jeremy Igo

he is going to be our jason avant going into the future. Smart guy who understands the game, gunna make that clutch catch you need to move the chains, win the game. Jason wont play forever, so we have this guy in the barracks learning from him.

Sure Speed and athletics is great. We can have both. Bersin gives you that possesion option. If we can groom hill, he can be that explosive option.

Talk poo if you want but i like what gettleman is doing with the roster moving forward. Its clear what he is doing if you cant see that then just continue to be a blind hater.

he is going to be our jason avant going into the future. Smart guy who understands the game, gunna make that clutch catch you need to move the chains, win the game. Jason wont play forever, so we have this guy in the barracks learning from him.

Sure Speed and athletics is great. We can have both. Bersin gives you that possesion option. If we can groom hill, he can be that explosive option.

Talk poo if you want but i like what gettleman is doing with the roster moving forward. Its clear what he is doing if you cant see that then just continue to be a blind hater.

Yeah, Gettleman is doing what he can to win now, without sacrificing the future. Being cap-strapped and having players making bad personal decisions is what really has hurt this team. Gettleman has done great as Dollar Tree Dave, but you cant expect to hit a home run every time. I doubt many would do better.......or even match it. IMO.

I was wanting to start a thread on Bersin so bad yesterday, but alas, I am too poor in my post count to become involved.  One day good sir, one day.

But back to Bersin, has he even had a drop, including preseason, when he was targeted??  He may have, but I am not remembering one.  I would love to see him more involved in the games.  His route running is incredible. And his heart to play is even bigger.  You can definitely say that he has worked his tail off to get here. 

I was just thinking of how every catch Bersin catches is a first down then ironically I see this topic. The kid has done well for us. I want him to succeed but can he become our future #2 WR? Or is he just a career backup WR? I would love for him to replace Cotchery or Avant when they leave . He has the size and route running abilities to make it in the NFL but can he compete against teams top 2 corners?

But back to Bersin, has he even had a drop, including preseason, when he was targeted??  He may have, but I am not remembering one.  

Being picky you might class the one against Pittsburgh on SNF as a drop when he got railroaded by their defense but that was just a good defensive play more than a drop, but he's always done what we've expected him to. No doubt we'll slowly increase his reps and by next season he could well be a solid possession player, certainly more reliable than the last #11 we had....

Archived