• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason says the Panters need to get a Vet DT

hdevonxz

sometimes, in order for a leader to reach his overall objective which is to put the organization in a better position to achieve their goals, they have to do some things that may be seen as detrimental to the players involved. beason voicing his opinions in public may be seen as a criticism of a couple players on the team, even though i don't think it is and i'm sure that he didn't see it that way. he said publicly what needed to be said. did it have an impact on hurney? it could have but i don't think it did seeing as how he was probably already on his way to the green bay game at that point scouting for DTs.

point it, whether or not beason said some things to hurt the feelings of a couple players and that showed a criticism of the FO doesn't matter. he was asked about the situation and he responded honestly giving an answer that was obvious to everyone involved or who has been paying attention.

he did what a leader does which is do what he can to make the organization better and to let people know that he understands what is going on. that isn't fox's style but it doesn't need to be (though many times i wish he was a bit more transparent and not quite so vague just to be vague). it is, apparently beason's style and that is fine with me.

sometimes, in order for a leader to reach his overall objective which is to put the organization in a better position to achieve their goals, they have to do some things that may be seen as detrimental to the players involved. beason voicing his opinions in public may be seen as a criticism of a couple players on the team, even though i don't think it is and i'm sure that he didn't see it that way. he said publicly what needed to be said. did it have an impact on hurney? it could have but i don't think it did seeing as how he was probably already on his way to the green bay game at that point scouting for DTs.

point it, whether or not beason said some things to hurt the feelings of a couple players and that showed a criticism of the FO doesn't matter. he was asked about the situation and he responded honestly giving an answer that was obvious to everyone involved or who has been paying attention.

he did what a leader does which is do what he can to make the organization better and to let people know that he understands what is going on. that isn't fox's style but it doesn't need to be (though many times i wish he was a bit more transparent and not quite so vague just to be vague). it is, apparently beason's style and that is fine with me.

basically what i was trying to say except yours made more sense rep.

Some people are a bit over sensitive to what is said in public. I agree that true criticism should be kept behind closed doors, but there was no criticism here. Beason was simply stating the fact that we have very little experience at DT, and that a veteran is needed. Nothing more. He didn't call out the young guys that are filling in, nor even state or imply that they are not good players. Rather, he actually made clear that he thinks highly of the players we have, but that they are young and not developed enough to fill every DT position we have outside of Lewis.

Anybody that can't take this type of "harsh" criticism doesn't need to be managing or playing in the NFL.

it wasnt really criticism, it was saying to everyone that he doesnt have confidence in who is in there now.

Rayzor, I don't think we need to limit ourselves to run-stuffers. Meeks played without one in Indy, and he's been lining up one-gappers in Kemo's place since the injury.

Problem is that Indy was a bad rushing defense. The games they lost, this was exposed. Most of the time, the offense kept in front so teams had to pass more and couldnt establish a run game. Hopefully this year we continue to have an aggressive offense that gets ahead and forces our opponents to be one-dimensional passing team, and hope we can stop them better than last year.

Correction correction...they got gashed by the run WITH Kemo.... plenty of times....starting with the Det game. The NY game was not the only one. Those problems were not just due to Kemo's being out.

In that NY game, their big run plays came on draw plays, from shot-gun. We sometimes had a nickel back but often were still in 4-3, but either Diggs or Davis was lined out wide b/c they were spread out. Obviously this was our worst rush def game, but we played almost 5 quarters(lol), down a couple tackles, and for some reason, let that freakn draw play kill us. We were stout in the very beginning holding MT, AP and other good rush attacks to very low ypc and total yards. Then, during the bye, we had this meeting where Fox decided we needed a defensive change and all of a sudden our whole defense fell apart.

Archived