• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason says the Panters need to get a Vet DT

hdevonxz

You guys are morons. Beason is the leader of the defense and nobody is going to be offended by this. Not even Nick Hayden. If Nick Hayden really thinks that he's ready to be an every-down starting DT in the NFL, he's insane.

Of course, I was yelling about this during the offseason even when Kemo was healthy yet I was constantly bashed by some posters on here that are convinced that they're NFL experts.

if you watch the whole interview he goes on to say that the young guys are working hard and getting better everyday, but obviously a 2nd year 7th rounder and an undrafted rookie aren't going to cut it.

I'm sure the FO would have rather had him not say that, but he isn't throwing anybody under the bus. He's just acknowledging an elephant in the room and I think he has enough respect that his teamates will understand.

little overreaction from a few people, maybe?

"It's been tough," Beason said. "They're going up against probably the best run offensive line in the league, so it's hard to see what they can do because those guys are so good.

"Last year, Maake was down, Damione (Lewis) got hurt during that Giants game, and you had young guys like Nick Hayden step up and play well at times. We feel good about the young guys, but we definitely need to get a veteran guy in there."

Hayden, Favorite, rookie Corvey Irvin and the rest of the green group of backups will be tested Monday when the Panthers open the preseason against the New York Giants, who rushed for 301 yards against Carolina last season when Kemoeatu was out with an ankle injury.

Beason believes the Panthers' regular-season starter could be a veteran who's let go by another team.

"Some teams are deep at D-tackle," Beason said. "They're going to wait until the end of training camp if somebody gets hurt. You don't want to let somebody who can step up and play go too early.

"It'll be interesting to see what happens at the end of training camp, but Maake was a big loss for us."

link

People are both overreacting to kemo going out and underrating what he did for the defense.

Yeah he wasn't anything special, but he was special enough to do the job that no one on our roster can currently do.

Meeks might not have had a run stuffer in indy, but there were times when there were serious issues with indy's run defense and having a high octane offense keeping oppositions passing instead of running didn't hurt either.

little overreaction from a few people, maybe?

link

I agree, he didn't say anything negative about the guys who are in there he just said that we needed someone with more experience. Its not a knock on those guys, one is in his 2nd year, and the other two are rookies. I don't think he meant it as a slight to the organization or to those players at all.

No one disagrees he is right...because he is dead on, but you just dont address that in public.

You wanna overreact some more?

The guy states the obvious, and it clearly worked, in a fair way.

If Hayden takes any offense to that then he has the mental toughness of a 6 year old girl.

Beason said the guys on the roster were doing good, but they weren't quite ready.

Quit pouting over every stupid little thing.

Your acting like he just called our QB gay.

You guys are morons. Beason is the leader of the defense and nobody is going to be offended by this. Not even Nick Hayden. If Nick Hayden really thinks that he's ready to be an every-down starting DT in the NFL, he's insane.

Of course, I was yelling about this during the offseason even when Kemo was healthy yet I was constantly bashed by some posters on here that are convinced that they're NFL experts.

There aren't that many people that I've seen that think they're NFL experts. Near everyone though can agree that you're exactly the opposite.

No one disagrees he is right...because he is dead on, but you just dont address that in public.

No over reacton here. It's pointless to publically point out the weaknesses of your team. Keep it in house. It's as helpful as Julius Peppers announcing he couldn't reach his potential in Carolina and wanted out. Thanks Julius, that really helps our bargaining position.

That's an understatement. Yeah, Kemo was big but he was actually a fine athlete. I remember reading about him being able to dunk a basketball. He means more to the D than anyone can realize even in a Meeks system. We got gashed by NY without Kemo, GASHED.

Correction. We got Gashed without Kemo and Lewis. The fact is all MLBs want a big guy upfront cause that lets them go free and make the tackle. It would be crazy if he didnt want a big guy up there.

Correction correction...they got gashed by the run WITH Kemo.... plenty of times....starting with the Det game. The NY game was not the only one. Those problems were not just due to Kemo's being out.

yeah, 2nd half of the season we pretty much got abused in every aspect. The defense juts flat out stunk. Most of us like to just act like it was Ken Lucas and Godfrey getting worked every play but really everyone got beat pretty much week to week. Without an improvement on defense I don't think Carolina will reach .500 despite the offensive potential.

Archived