• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason says the Panters need to get a Vet DT

hdevonxz

I just heard Nick Hayden's original comments to the press about having to step up into the starting NT role - didn't seem convinced himself that he could pull it off. Don't think it was wrong for Beason to publicly voice his opinion on the glaring need.

Hayden: "I'm putting all my effort into becoming the starting defensive tackle. It's going to take a lot of hard work and training, but I am up for the challenge."

Beason: "We seriously need to find better defensive tackles. The ones we have aren't gonna cut it."

Hayden: "wtf, brah?"

if those guys that are effected by his statements (the DTs) don't want what he said to be true then they need to do something about it. no one is really stepping up and they don't have anyone that can adequately fill his shoes right now.

the goal of a leader is to win. beason knows that with the guys he has in front of him isn't going to cut it as it is right now then he needs to either get them motivated and able to get the job done or try and get someone in who can. if this adds some needed spark under the pants of someone who can change that then i'm all for it.

better to work to make this team better than worry about hurting the feelings of a couple players. whole team > 2 or 3 players.

if those guys that are effected by his statements (the DTs) don't want what he said to be true then they need to do something about it. no one is really stepping up and they don't have anyone that can adequately fill his shoes right now.

the goal of a leader is to win. beason knows that with the guys he has in front of him isn't going to cut it as it is right now then he needs to either get them motivated and able to get the job done or try and get someone in who can. if this adds some needed spark under the pants of someone who can change that then i'm all for it.

better to work to make this team better than worry about hurting the feelings of a couple players. whole team > 2 or 3 players.

question then: why couldn't he just talk about his problems to "the people who can change that"? Why did he have to run to the media and tell everyone how bad his teammates are?

The good thing about this preseason game is we're playing the starters for two quarters against the team that exposed us when we were last without Kemo.

Monday night should tell us a lot about our new defense and how much we'll need that NT or not.

That Giants game last year was epic. They left it out there on the field, everything. Kemo may had been the difference in us loosing or winning that game. They exploited his absence to their slight advantage.

question then: why couldn't he just talk about his problems to "the people who can change that"? Why did he have to run to the media and tell everyone how bad his teammates are?
he wasn't saying that his teammates are bad. he is saying that they don't have enough on the roster to fill in for kemo.

this isn't anything nearly as serious as when peppers made his remarks about wanting out.

there is a hole there. there is a big fat elephant sitting in the room where kemo used to be. no sense in ignoring it and no doubt that this has been a topic of conversation among the team. beason isn't the type who would take it to the media first and is honest enough to not deny it when asked about it.

if he is asked and feels that way then why deny it? he isn't fox. he isn't going to dance around a question. he's honest. that is part of what makes him so good at that job.

The good thing about this preseason game is we're playing the starters for two quarters against the team that exposed us when we were last without Kemo.

Monday night should tell us a lot about our new defense and how much we'll need that NT or not.

the player who ripped us apart in that game isn't there anymore and he is playing for a crap team. i'm not so worried about that.

Everybody that is saying this is a "cheap shot" or a shot at all towards the players we currently have on the roster needs to get real. We finally have a leader on defense that is willing and able to speak for the entire unit and now we don't want that anymore?

Everybody bemoans Peppers for his lack of emotion and his silence, but now Beason is a bad guy for stating the obvious?

Beason isn't saying the guys we have are garbage, just that they're not ready for the NFL right now. We were a playoff team last year and we hope to be again. We can't do that without a stout player up the middle to make life easier for the entire unit.

Beason is the voice of our defense. If he says it, it needs to be heard. He's the leader.

Everybody that is saying this is a "cheap shot" or a shot at all towards the players we currently have on the roster needs to get real. We finally have a leader on defense that is willing and able to speak for the entire unit and now we don't want that anymore?

Everybody bemoans Peppers for his lack of emotion and his silence, but now Beason is a bad guy for stating the obvious?

Beason isn't saying the guys we have are garbage, just that they're not ready for the NFL right now. We were a playoff team last year and we hope to be again. We can't do that without a stout player up the middle to make life easier for the entire unit.

Beason is the voice of our defense. If he says it, it needs to be heard. He's the leader.

I agree with this statement. We as fans cant have it both ways. We complain about "fox speak" and players just yapping cliches; then we one is honest we call him out.

I have confidence in Fox, Hurney, and the coaching staff that this issue will be addressed and the defense will be fine.

Archived