• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivers leads MVP race, followed by QBs P Manning, Wilson, Luck, RB Murray, DE Watt per SI, CBS, FOX, USA Today, etc

gettlemanjack

Won't comment on the dog thing. I'll just say my views differ than most on that topic. Anyways, why should I not like Vick? I've stated on here plenty that I love players that give back to their respective communities. Got a friend from Vicks neighborhood that tells me Vick has done great things and has always given back to Newport News/Hampton. Not only given money but his time. Plus, his play reminds me of how we'd use to play ball growing up. It was great to see that play in the league, and it's great to see more play like that at the college ranks. He's one of the pioneers. I hated seeing him whoop up on my panthers team, but I rooted for him when not playing us.

He is a sadistic son of a bitch that can't cut it as an NFL QB.

You want to pull for a player like that go right ahead, but to say fug all QB's not named Wilson, Cam, Vick, and Manning 1, while praising Vick for his outside the lines giving is laughable indeed.  And as for his "giving" I would probably do a little research on that before going much farther.

He is as big of a piece of poo as there is playing in the NFL today.

He is a sadistic son of a bitch that can't cut it as an NFL QB.

You want to pull for a player like that go right ahead, but to say fug all QB's not named Wilson, Cam, Vick, and Manning 1, while praising Vick for his outside the lines giving is laughable indeed. And as for his "giving" I would probably do a little research on that before going much farther.

He is as big of a piece of poo as there is playing in the NFL today.

Research, huh? I told you I've got a boy who's right where he's from. He's going to know whats being done for his neighborhood.

But you got it, bruh. You have your opinion and I've got mine and we'll just leave it at that.

Research, huh? I told you I've got a boy who's right where he's from. He's going to know whats being done for his neighborhood.

But you got it, bruh. You have your opinion and I've got mine and we'll just leave it at that.

That's cool and all, but yes, look up his foundations and what they have given to the kids.

Won't comment on the dog thing. I'll just say my views differ than most on that topic. Anyways, why should I not like Vick? I've stated on here plenty that I love players that give back to their respective communities. Got a friend from Vicks neighborhood that tells me Vick has done great things and has always given back to Newport News/Hampton. Not only given money but his time. Plus, his play reminds me of how we'd use to play ball growing up. It was great to see that play in the league, and it's great to see more play like that at the college ranks. He's one of the pioneers. I hated seeing him whoop up on my panthers team, but I rooted for him when not playing us.

He's far from a 'pioneer' unless you think lousy passers are the future of the NFL.

SMH @ Mike Vick not being a pioneer. Wow.

If you think there were never athletic quarterbacks before Vick, I'm guessing you haven't been watching football long.

If you wanna say he's a superior athlete to those past, that can pretty much be said at every position. Athletes today are faster and stronger than they ever were. Nothing special about Vick on that front (heavy marketing aside).

But the biggest point of all is that Vick was, is, and likely always will be a mediocre passer. Yes he can throw the ball fast and hard, but not with accuracy.

Passing isn't about throwing the ball a mile. It's about throwing it to one certain spot. Vick stunk at that, and still does. That's why people thought his receivers were lousy before they realized that with someone else throwing them the ball, they sis just fine.

If you think there were never athletic quarterbacks before Vick, I'm guessing you haven't been watching football long.

If you wanna say he's a superior athlete to those past, that can pretty much be said at every position. Athletes today are faster and stronger than they ever were. Nothing special about Vick on that front (heavy marketing aside).

But the biggest point of all is that Vick was, is, and likely always will be a mediocre passer. Yes he can throw the ball fast and hard, but not with accuracy.

Passing isn't about throwing the ball a mile. It's about throwing it to one certain spot. Vick stunk at that, and still does. That's why people thought his receivers were lousy before they realized that with someone else throwing them the ball, they sis just fine.

That's great detail you went into there but you won't change my mind.  He set took the NFL by storm when he was in ATL.  No one's saying he was the Chuck Berry of football.  No one's saying he's Dan freakin Marino but he was a pioneer in this era.

No doubt.  I'm not changing my opinion on that.  

That's great detail you went into there but you won't change my mind. He set took the NFL by storm when he was in ATL. No one's saying he was the Chuck Berry of football. No one's saying he's Dan freakin Marino but he was a pioneer in this era.

No doubt. I'm not changing my opinion on that.

He only 'took the NFL by storm' because of marketing.

Steve McNair and Randall Cunningham both came before Vick, and they were better.

(and those are just two examples)

I know Vick thinks he started the dual threat QB thing, but mobile QBs have been around for decades and you're only a 'dual threat' if you're a good passer.

He only 'took the NFL by storm' because of marketing.

Steve McNair and Randall Cunningham both came before Vick, and they were better.

(and those are just two examples)

I know Vick thinks he started the dual threat QB thing, but mobile QBs have been around for decades and you're only a 'dual threat' if you're a good passer.

Because of marketing is a wafer thin argument.  

Pioneers come in different shapes and sizes they don't have to meet some imaginary checklist.

I'm not the only one who feels that way and I'm sure plenty of people agree with your logic too.  We could do this all day but I'm sure we'd both rather not.

Because of marketing is a wafer thin argument.

Pioneers come in different shapes and sizes they don't have to meet some imaginary checklist.

I'm not the only one who feels that way and I'm sure plenty of people agree with your logic too. We could do this all day but I'm sure we'd both rather not.

What pioneers have in common is 1) there was no one like them before and 2) they changed everything.

Part one only applies if you have no idea that Steve McNair, Randall Cunningham, Fran Tarkenton, Roger Staubach and Steve Young (among others) ever existed.

Part two fails as well because the top QBs in this league are still passers. Running is a nice thing to have but not essential to success.

The only thing Vick had/has more of than those guys is hype.

What pioneers have in common is 1) there was no one like them before and 2) they changed everything.

Part one only applies if you have no idea that Steve McNair, Randall Cunningham, Fran Tarkenton, Roger Staubach and Steve Young (among others) ever existed.

Part two fails as well because the top QBs in this league are still passers. Running is a nice thing to have but not essential to success.

The only thing Vick had/has more of than those guys is hype.

Archived