• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivers leads MVP race, followed by QBs P Manning, Wilson, Luck, RB Murray, DE Watt per SI, CBS, FOX, USA Today, etc

gettlemanjack

I've always felt that Rivers has been criminally underrated by major publications. I'm glad to see him get some respect.

Can't blame them, those last Norv years were brutal. I don't have to tell you guys about shitty OLs and the Coryell.

Thankfully we went to McCoy and the Ehrhardt-Perkins with some K-gun. It's definitely played to our strengths.

Rivers is the bomb.

Great leader, courage in the pocket and tremendous talent.

I hope he does go on to win. A QB who isn't a media chosen darling needs to win the MVP every now and then. My second choice would be Wilson. Luck needs to play some real teams before even being considered. Almost every team the Colts play this season is lacking.

Fug Luck.

I feel that way towards every QB except Cam, Wilson, Vick, and Peyton the GOAT tho.

Watt was dominant out there. MVP MVP MVP

Why on God's green Earth would you not say fug Vick?

Dog killer, played against us in the division, is a flash in the pan at best, and still can't throw or see the field from the pocket.

Can't blame them, those last Norv years were brutal. I don't have to tell you guys about shitty OLs and the Coryell.

Thankfully we went to McCoy and the Ehrhardt-Perkins with some K-gun. It's definitely played to our strengths.

With his mechanics, I can definitely understand why an Erhardt-Perkins offense would suit Rivers better than a straight Coryell.

A Chargers QB not fitting a Coryell offense, though? There's something just plain wrong about that :lol:

NFL.com:

"As much as any one defender can, Watt almost single-handedly shut down the Colts offense in the second half. Six weeks in, he's already the first player since 1961 with a receiving touchdown, fumble return touchdown and pick-six in the same season. Box scores don't come any more stuffed for defensive stars, as Watt generated seven tackles, a pair of sacks, four quarterback hits, three pass deflections and a fumble return for a touchdown all the while dominating in run defense. Every week we repeat the same line: We have never seen a defensive player consistently take over a game to the extent Watt has."

I don't get the Russell Wilson hype. He has not developed as a passer and will struggle without a run game.

He threw for 320 against us last year on a day that Marshawn Lynch ran for 43 yards on 2.5 per carry. Two years ago in the playoffs against ATL, Lynch ran for 46 yards on 2.9 per carry, Russell threw for 385. He has proved he can pass if the run gets shut down.

Why on God's green Earth would you not say fug Vick?

Dog killer, played against us in the division, is a flash in the pan at best, and still can't throw or see the field from the pocket.

Won't comment on the dog thing. I'll just say my views differ than most on that topic. Anyways, why should I not like Vick? I've stated on here plenty that I love players that give back to their respective communities. Got a friend from Vicks neighborhood that tells me Vick has done great things and has always given back to Newport News/Hampton. Not only given money but his time. Plus, his play reminds me of how we'd use to play ball growing up. It was great to see that play in the league, and it's great to see more play like that at the college ranks. He's one of the pioneers. I hated seeing him whoop up on my panthers team, but I rooted for him when not playing us.

Archived