• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Highs and Lows after first quarter of the season

Jeremy Igo

I have not clue, I would have never guess that completion %.  But it does date back to his rookie year.  Not the end of the world(but something he has to improve on), and it could suggest he struggles with smaller areas of the field and might give credit to what Smith suggested as in he takes longer than some QBs to make a decision or have trouble seeing the entire field.

It's a couple of issues in my opinion.

1: Cam, like Stafford and Culter, like to throw to "open" WR's.  They have arms that allow for them to see the WR open, then pull the trigger.  Sometimes this does not work in the red zone as the field is smaller and defenses can close faster.  He may or may not get better at this, but I do believe that better red zone WR's will help.  We have better ones now.

2:  As I just mentioned, we have not had good red zone pass catchers.

3:  Shula.  There isn't a spec of creative genius in his playbook.

I'm not sure it is an anomaly.

It appears Cam's number 1 priority in the redzone is ball protection. I think he becomes almost too careful down there, preferring to overthrow guys (for example) rather than taking a chance on a pick. I expect this to change as the years go on and he gains confidence in fitting it in tight windows on the compressed part of the field.

Just an observation/opinion.

I would be okay with this.  I am interested in knowing how many turnovers have taken place in the red zone as well, particularly interceptions.  My memory isnt great, but I cant think of too many dating back to his rookie year.

Archived