• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt draft redo

ctrcat

I too wanted KB weeks before the draft.  In fact, one of you pulled up the draft day discussion and it was proved there that as many as 5 of us kept on stating that Kelvin was the pick.  I am proud to be one of them.  I also wanted Cam but said WTF with Luke and Star.  Glad to eat crow but also glad to know that I can say that I was on the Cam and now Benji train before it left the station.

I think the only thing that can stop us from winning a SB over the next 5 years is Gettleman's or Richardson's death.  Both have me worried.  JR's time is borrowed and Dave is an out of shape fatfug. 

The cards have been dealt...let's play.

Keep Pounding and Keep Drafting the way you do, you Chowderheaded beautiful bitch.

Can't lie.

I've thought about these things myself. Particularly the latter, as we've all just noticed Mr. Gettleman's "ahem" faulty looking assets and shape. :startle:

Nonetheless, let's hope much more good health and prosperity for both. :cool:

I think the only thing that can stop us from winning a SB over the next 5 years is Gettleman's or Richardson's death.  Both have me worried.  JR's time is borrowed and Dave is an out of shape fatfug. 

Considering Gettleman is at a retirement age I imagine he is waiting until his job of cleaning up the roster is complete before handing the keys to Brandon Beane.

All hail Gman. The guy who actually thought BYRON BELL was the answer at protecting Cam Newton's blindside. Cam will be lucky to make it out the season without being placed on IR.

I have no beef with you on a personal level JT, but...

Please tell us all what Gettleman should have done, within the salary cap parameters he was handed to correct what had already been done.

Option A:  <Bell sucks!!  My God what were you guys thinking?  You have no money?  This organization is Kilgo's, but thanks for the job.>

Option B:  <I can see into the future.  Let's let Hardy walk pre-Rice video and get the best LT in the history of the NFL.  Not sure who that is, but let's do it.>

Option C:  Whatever you got to say JTNC.

All hail Gman. The guy who actually thought BYRON BELL was the answer at protecting Cam Newton's blindside. Cam will be lucky to make it out the season without being placed on IR.

Perhaps Gman is using our tackles as stop gaps, you know, so we dont actually commit future cap towards a half ass FA LT. Maybe we will be spending a good amount of money on a quality tackle worth committing too in a year or too, instead of over paying, or committing to an average Tackle now.

Food For thought. Never heard Gman say Bell is the future.

Perhaps Gman is using our tackles as stop gaps, you know, so we dont actually commit future cap towards a half ass FA LT. Maybe we will be spending a good amount of money on a quality tackle worth committing too in a year or too, instead of over paying, or committing to an average Tackle now.

Food For thought. Never heard Gman say Bell is the future.

That would be the only silver lining to having a bad year this year (I'm still confident we can get our game back and make the playoffs, but if not...), getting either our long-term RT or LT early in next year's draft.

That would be the only silver lining to having a bad year this year (I'm still confident we can get our game back and make the playoffs, but if not...), getting either our long-term RT or LT early in next year's draft.

I have to be honest with you, I wanted to lose for a QB (Luck, thank goodness it was Cam) when 2010 was sunk and Jimmah wasn't the answer, and, when I knew we were out of it in 2011 and 2012, I wanted to lose (although not as much) for some help on D (and thank goodness we did because the Bills would have clearly taken Luke and the Saints would clearly have chosen Star just one pick later if we didn't lose all those close heartbreakers).

When Robinson and Lewan aren't even on this list however and we get KB at 28, I'm done with the silver lining losing for a LONG time, if not ever. The bust rate this decade for top OT's is astronomically high, while Seantrel Henderson is on this list in a draft redo (!!!!!) and James Hurst after a broken leg goes undrafted and shuts us down. We desperately need OT help, but losing to get it? No silver lining. If anything, recent history says it's a trap.

banging on gman now is short sighted. this is only his second season, and we have been cash strapped due to bad contracts still on the books. he's proven that he can pick quality talent. he'll build a solid roster through drafting and good contracts. 3 years few now, everyone will be praising the roster for having better backups than most teams have starters.

There is a reason we don't have line.  It isn't G'man fault.   You can't buy the steak if you only have hamburger money.   He has been doing what he could.   If we make it through this season and some of his money comes back.

We are going to rule the NFCS and become perennial contenders. 

I like G'man and his goals are just getting started.   Couple more decent drafts.   The future is bright no matter how badly we are playing now.

I have no beef with you on a personal level JT, but...

Please tell us all what Gettleman should have done, within the salary cap parameters he was handed to correct what had already been done.

Option A: <Bell sucks!! My God what were you guys thinking? You have no money? This organization is Kilgo's, but thanks for the job.>

Option B: <I can see into the future. Let's let Hardy walk pre-Rice video and get the best LT in the history of the NFL. Not sure who that is, but let's do it.>

Option C: Whatever you got to say JTNC.

Bell is the worst starting left-tackle graded by PFF so far this season. Let that fuging sink in your head. Gettleman and Rivera ignored ALL other options because they somehow thought he would magically play better than he did while on the right.

And yes, if you actually look at my older posts, I was not a fan of franchising Hardy. I thought it was a horrible mistake.

who would you have had him get for the line? it's not like starting quality OTs are lining the bargain bins at fugging Walmart.

do you really think he's so stupid that he doesn't realize our oline sucks? of course he knows that. he also knows he can't fix every damn position in one year. cleaning up the mess Furney left takes time. seasons. like more than one. patience, Daniel-san.

Well he's done well in almost every aspect of the job and team with the exception of accepting the fact we have a serious problem at OLine. A problem which anyone with a toothpick for a brain could see this offseason. He ignored it, stayed stubborn, and now we've been blown out twice in a row and have one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Sure he's done well drafting and signing a few FAs cheap, but let's not forgot that good GMs can also make stupid moves. If we still had Steve Smith, along with James Hurst at the least, then I'd call Gettleman the best GM in the NFL.

I don't think he's ignored the OL as much as he didn't/hasn't found a solution worth jumping on. He's shown us he's not going to make a move and overpay or settle for someone he doesn't truly believe in....it just feels like this is the case here. And while it's hurting us in the short term, it's going to help the long term plan.

I think he's hoped they wouldn't be completely terrible while not making a move on a player he's not crazy about....but I also don't believe he neglected making a move because he truly believe our current roster is the answer.

Archived