• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt draft redo

ctrcat

i know he is getting a ton of flack for whats happening on the field personell wise, and rightfully so in some respects, but I really like who we have calling the shots going into the future. Flame flame flame, but he is more concerned about doing it right and setting us up for a good future than insfant sucess. Weve been a flash in the pan franchise and were building to be a long term winner.

I can understand those who are upset with him with how he handled the situations going into this season.I just Dont understand those who poo on him looking forward. We have yet to even see what Gettleman is capable of as far of having his full finger print on this team. There are some factors that he simply cannot control at this point. Im not saying he is going to be a great GM, Im just trying to understand those who are reaction driven who want instant sucess now and expect Gman to completly fix every problem intantly. I just dont get it.

Before the draft, Jimbo Fisher said Kelvin would've been a lock as a top 3 pick in 2015 if he had stayed in school this year. He also said he would make any team that picked a WR ahead of him this year regret their decision.

While I wanted Krlvin from day 1, I laughed at Jimbo & thought he was being a crazy homer. Doesn't look so crazy right now. In fact, he sounds like a prophet.

banging on gman now is short sighted. this is only his second season, and we have been cash strapped due to bad contracts still on the books. he's proven that he can pick quality talent. he'll build a solid roster through drafting and good contracts. 3 years few now, everyone will be praising the roster for having better backups than most teams have starters.

Kelvin Benjamin:

Incredible athlete who is freakishly large while possessing speed, strength, & athleticism.

Led his team to a BCS title while putting up huge numbers.

Character & maturity issues.

Only one year of production.

Perceived major risk pick that flashes greatness.

Ultimate competitor.

Always smiling.

Putting up record numbers as a rookie.

Where have I seen this story before? Sounds so familiar.

Before the draft, Jimbo Fisher said Kelvin would've been a lock as a top 3 pick in 2015 if he had stayed in school this year. He also said he would make any team that picked a WR ahead of him this year regret their decision.

While I wanted Krlvin from day 1, I laughed at Jimbo & thought he was being a crazy homer. Doesn't look so crazy right now. In fact, he sounds like a prophet.

I too wanted KB weeks before the draft.  In fact, one of you pulled up the draft day discussion and it was proved there that as many as 5 of us kept on stating that Kelvin was the pick.  I am proud to be one of them.  I also wanted Cam but said WTF with Luke and Star.  Glad to eat crow but also glad to know that I can say that I was on the Cam and now Benji train before it left the station.

I think the only thing that can stop us from winning a SB over the next 5 years is Gettleman's or Richardson's death.  Both have me worried.  JR's time is borrowed and Dave is an out of shape fatfug. 

The cards have been dealt...let's play.

Keep Pounding and Keep Drafting the way you do, you Chowderheaded beautiful bitch.

Philly Brown would've been picked, maybe 5th round or somewhere near that.

I think most would agree, but this is a relatively small snapshot by Brandt. The only thing that mildly stings is reading Mewhort would be a late first rounder, given that I was watching the 2nd round hoping he was our guy (over Moses) and he went one pick before us. But can't win em all and I feel confident Kony was and will be a good pick going forward. The fact that KB is easily in the top 10 if not top 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1, and Greg Robinson is not, shows how lucky we are, and how moronic some are for wanting to lose games for a certain tackle.

I too wanted KB weeks before the draft.  In fact, one of you pulled up the draft day discussion and it was proved there that as many as 5 of us kept on stating that Kelvin was the pick.  I am proud to be one of them.  I also wanted Cam but said WTF with Luke and Star.  Glad to eat crow but also glad to know that I can say that I was on the Cam and now Benji train before it left the station.

I think the only thing that can stop us from winning multiple SB's over the next 5 years is Gettleman's or Richardson's death.  Both have me worried.  JR's time is borrowed and Dave is an out of shape fatfug. 

The cards have been dealt...let's play.

Keep Pounding and Keep Drafting the way you do, you Chowderheaded beautiful bitch.

Fixed.

Archived