• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 4 reasons for current losing streak

Jeremy Igo

Serious question... like Derrick Anderson serious...

Are the coaches more worried about Cam's ankle or his ribs as far as letting him take off an run?

Yesterdays presser Rivera said his ribs are fine, but he also alluded to the trainers and doctors being in charge of saying when Cam was " ready to be Cam "  Listen to his presser.

lol The players are failing Shula, like Warren Buffet's book "26 ways to success in the business world", has failed me.  <_<

Let me get this straight.....some of you are actually making the argument, that Cam, not being "Cam", is the problem.  Instead of your shitty OC adjusting his FAILED approach, you want your all-world, fresh off of surgery/broken ribbed QB, to do MORE?  This sort of mal-cognition....this cannot be a serious position.

I would like to add my own addendum, Jeremy. This has been on my mind since the Steelers game and all the way through the Ravens debacle...

I don't think it should be overlooked that both of our last two opponents had inside knowledge of our defense AND offense. On NFL Sunday Countdown, Key did a piece on Smitty playing his former team and parallels it with his own instance of doing so... he said the week lead in up to the game he spent more time with the DC than he did in offensive meetings. I imagine that's what the Steelers and Ravens did with Mitchell and Smitty, respectively. Smitty was even asked about it and joked he didn't know what they were talking about and then smiled.

Maybe that's not as important as the issues you mentioned, BUT I certainly think it is being overlooked by everyone. I just find it coincidental that two of our worst losses in the Rivera era came against opponents with former key contributors to our team. No doubt they gleaned them and certainly concentrated on attacking our vulnerabilities even moreso than other opponents without that knowledge could.

lol The players are failing Shula, like Warren Buffet's book "26 ways to success in the business world", has failed me.  <_<

Let me get this straight.....some of you are actually making the argument, that Cam, not being "Cam", is the problem.  Instead of your shitty OC adjusting his FAILED approach, you want your all-world, fresh off of surgery/broken ribbed QB, to do MORE?  This sort of mal-cognition....this cannot be a serious position.

So true.

I agree with you 100%.

Instead of the OC improving to help out the decrepit line and running game, some suggest that Cam do more--that got him injured in the first place no.

Cam should only run when it's a wide open lane, or he's near the side line. Let the coaches finally earn their pay check to figure out this mess offensively. They're are positives.

You got a QB throwing great. And all you're starting receivers are catching balls (though you can throw some two TE sets for all I'm concerned). Your RB's stink. You're line stink (cause Newton's not carrying them anymore with his run threat and game, making them look good). So now we want Cam to run more with barbecued ribs and pig ankles?

Can the coaches and some of the others players on this team finally earn their paychecks?

Yeah I def think it's the ankle that's the issue.  He's lost a little mobility and some confidence in it.  It will return assuming the ankle heals.

Of all those (and I agree with them wholeheartedly) #3 is the biggest issue.  The D is the heart of this team.  We all pretty much knew what this offense was going into the season even if everyone didn't accept it.

The D has had a huge turnaround (for the worse) since game 2 and it is for the reasons that Zod mentioned, and maybe a couple more.  Missing Hardy and TD don't help at all either.

The D has to get fixed or this season will get real long real quick.

Archived