• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

EJ Manuel benched. Kyle Orton will start Week 5 for the Bills

gettlemanjack

I'm surprised they made this move honestly. But I have no doubt Orton is the better option, EJ has looked bad this year.

I'm not.  It's been rumored for a while.  Manuel just hasn't been very good at all.

Now I'll grant that given Doug Marrone's earlier statements, it could be taken as a bit of a surprise.

I'm surprised they made this move honestly. But I have no doubt Orton is the better option, EJ has looked bad this year.

This move was coming since right before week one where they signed Orton to a similar type of money deal that Josh McCown got. You don't sign a backup for that type of money, especially when your "starter" is healthy and right before the start of the season. My guess is that they were doing to do the QB change by this point unless EJ lit the world on fire.

The Bills came back from down 14-3 halftime to win the game on a 58-yard Dan Carpenter field goal with four seconds remaining.

Todd Clausen @ ToddJClausen 23h

Kyle Orton throws for 308 yards against the NFL's No. 1

defense ... didn't see that coming

Jill Kelly tweeted: "Well DONE KYLE ORTON !!!"

BzNeEqjIIAAUlfl.jpg

BzNf2rDCYAAmTAY.jpg

BzNdaXeIMAEl7Ue.jpg

BzOrviAIEAAv8wS.jpg

All i've got to say is, black QBs will never make it in the NFL even in this time and age. For unlike their white counter-parts who simply have to play decent, they have to go above and beyond to prove themselves. Unless, they are the media chosen and not a threat. 2-2 start and the kid gets bench for a guy whose career is 35-35.

Simply not true, especially during this time when the nfl is already having a PR nightmare. I'm guessing you haven't watched much Bill's football games?

Orton shouldn't have been benched in Denver, Fox was about to be run out of town and was looking for a change to help spark something on offense.

He was traded from Chicago when they got Cutler, is chicago that much better now? Sure more passing yards but I think he has produced the same as Jay.

KC was a hot mess, and was never going to replace Jerry's golden boy in Dallas.

I think Kyle is a decent QB, can sling the rock if you need it and can control the clock if you need him to. EJ has produced nothing with Buffalo after getting arguably more weapons than Cam has even gotten. It was the right move and nothing to do with race.

All i've got to say is, black QBs will never make it in the NFL even in this time and age.  For unlike their white counter-parts who simply have to play decent, they have to go above and beyond to prove themselves. Unless, they are the media chosen and not a threat. 2-2 start and the kid gets bench for a guy whose career is 35-35.

Your point has some merit; the margin/tolerance for error is a lot smaller for black qbs (which is why Geno Smith needs to get his head out of his ass in New York), but in this case EJ Manuel is trash.  He is not a starting qb in this league at all man.  At least not at this point.  

Your point has some merit; the margin/tolerance for error is a lot smaller for black qbs (which is why Geno Smith needs to get his head out of his ass in New York), but in this case EJ Manuel is trash. He is not a starting qb in this league at all man. At least not at this point.

Can you quantify the small tolerance margin for error?

Can you also define this aside from gut feeling or your perception?

Can you quantify the small tolerance margin for error?

Can you also define this aside from gut feeling or your perception?

The answer to that will lead to tinderbox material.  I think I can safely assume that you don't agree with me, and will probably never agree with me.  The same holds true for me, so there is no need for a useless debate. 

The answer to that will lead to tinderbox material. I think I can safely assume that you don't agree with me, and will probably never agree with me. The same holds true for me, so there is no need for a useless debate.

And you assuming is how you have gotten to your conclusion.

Let me ask a better question since you know you cant quantify.

How long and what age group have you coached? The sport isn't that big a deal but if you want to share you can.

Archived