• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before you decide that Luke is playing poorly...

Jeremy Igo

I thought about this depending on how tight the entire dline was they could feel like the organization hung hardy out to dry unfairly to appease a lot of people who are thoroughly uneducated on the situation. I mean that's the way I feel and hardy is by no means a close friend of mine.

Yep, this is a tight locker room.  That Pitt game almost looked like it was rigged. 

Who wants to risk injury and play all out for a franchise like that?..  Can't blame them.  I think Greg and Mike Mitchell were a huge part of our swagger. 

Yep, this is a tight locker room. That Pitt game almost looked like it was rigged.

Who wants to risk injury and play all out for a franchise like that?.. Can't blame them. I think Greg and Mike Mitchell were a huge part of our swagger.

With hardy done for the season I know it's 20/20 but keeping Mitchell and ginn may have been the way to go

Thanks for making this a sticky.  After last week, the "critics" who profess to know football have come out of the woodworks ragging on 59's play.  Yes he has "missed" a few tackles, but as I said in another thread, those tend to be tackles that no one else would have even had a shot at making.  Despite his game allegedly being off, guess who leads the NFL in tackles right now?  I can't wait until he gets his groove back, i.e., when others step up and take some of the load off so he's free to be who he is instead of who he has to be for now.

Been telling idiots, Luke is playing fine. Not having TD messes up everything, not to mention our DTs doing next to nothing every snap.

Luke still made, what, 12 tackles? Dude was doing all he could.

How many of those tackles came down field? Most overrated stat in football. Luke hasn't played well the last two games. Don't really care what the excuses are, he's the defensive player of the year. Instead of his teammates making him look good, he needs to be making them better right now. Even Ron has acknowledged his play.

How many of those tackles came down field? Most overrated stat in football. Luke hasn't played well the last two games. Don't really care what the excuses are, he's the defensive player of the year. Instead of his teammates making him look good, he needs to be making them better right now. Even Ron has acknowledged his play.

That's not how middle line backer works. If people aren't doing there jobs he gets handcuffed a lot. I'm not going to crucify our best player for choosing the wrong gap once against the steelers

That's not how middle line backer works. If people aren't doing there jobs he gets handcuffed a lot. I'm not going to crucify our best player for choosing the wrong gap once against the steelers

Don't have to crucify but it's been a lot more than once, and not just against the steelers.

No doubt, this has been on my mind in regards to his struggles as well.

There were several replays on the big runs and each time it looked like the center or guard got a free run to Keek and locked him up.  Those bigs in the middle need to do a better job of keeping him clean.

That being said, he has also guessed wrong several times this year and got himself out of position as well.

No doubt, this has been on my mind in regards to his struggles as well.

There were several replays on the big runs and each time it looked like the center or guard got a free run to Keek and locked him up. Those bigs in the middle need to do a better job of keeping him clean.

That being said, he has also guessed wrong several times this year and got himself out of position as well.

With hardy out, big money hurting (supposedly) Davis hurt, Klein struggling, the entire secondary flat out sucking it's no surprise he's over pursued some plays. Trying to do everything

Archived