• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before you decide that Luke is playing poorly...

Jeremy Igo

lukes the qb of the defense, its his job to make sure people are in the correct spots.  Rivera says the main issue is people not in the right position.  Outside of lukes individual play which is top notch, hes in charge making sure carolina is in the correct defense for what the offense is showing and if not yell out changes.  Thats the part of his game right now that he is not doing well with imo.

how do you know this? that he is not doing that wel?

he can bark all the right orders he wants, but that's not going to ensure that everyone executes their assignments. he can't make the guys in front of him or beside him do their job. he cant make them adjust to the play unfolding differently than expected.

but maybe he isnt doing his job as field general correctly, i just want to know what drove you to that conclusion. can you hear what hes hollering out?

This is what is tough about the Huddle

Only about 1 in 10 posters know much beyond "Cam is great!" or "Cam sucks".  Same with Keek.

I noted last week and this week the our LB's especially Keek, has a Guard or Center attached to his chest constantly now.  My thinking was that Hardy drew a double team quiet a bit and now our 4 are handled by their 4 Olineman, leaving one to tag Keek.

Look at the Pittsburgh tape.  They were constantly getting to the second level and neutralizing him.

Oline and Dline are neither performing very well at the moment.

I feel like KK Short will be the guy that requires a double team. We need him in there more.

How often are our dts being played one on one. Specifically star? What can he do to chip on the center? Is he trying to do to much to try and make a play instead of handling the guard and center? Without a healthy big money and hardy gone all together our four aren't holding up against five and we aren't scaring anyone up front. Any chance kk can play de?

Its pretty obvious our weakness the last 2 games has been D LINE all day. Yes we have a poo secondary but we knew that going in.  We didn't know losing Hardy would make our entire front seven look pedestrian.  Not sure if its his prowess alone or if our players just dont play as hard now that our franchise looks like a bunch of pussies

Its pretty obvious our weakness the last 2 games has been D LINE all day. Yes we have a poo secondary but we knew that going in. We didn't know losing Hardy would make our entire front seven look pedestrian. Not sure if its his prowess alone or if our players just dont play as hard now that our franchise looks like a bunch of pussies

I thought about this depending on how tight the entire dline was they could feel like the organization hung hardy out to dry unfairly to appease a lot of people who are thoroughly uneducated on the situation. I mean that's the way I feel and hardy is by no means a close friend of mine.

Frank Alexander is no slouch. He will instantly be our best DE with how Johnson is playing.

You may even see an Alexander / Addison combo on passing downs that could be interesting.

What exactly was Alexander taking that got him suspended? I can't find it anywhere. I'm hoping it was a performance enhancer and not something stupid.

Archived