• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before you decide that Luke is playing poorly...

Jeremy Igo

Anyone not understanding that we are losing the battle up front just does not understand Football.

Yep, this.

Doesn't help that our secondary is built based on our front 4 getting pressure either.

There was a couple plays where Luke didnt stand much of a chance due to the DL getting man handled.

Well I've been trying to post a picture illustrating that there's two people on Star in that second picture but "that image extension isn't allowed by this forum."  Point is, Star's being regularly double teamed because he's getting very little help from anyone else on the line in run defense.

Well I've been trying to post a picture illustrating that there's two people on Star in that second picture but "that image extension isn't allowed by this forum."  Point is, Star's being regularly double teamed because he's getting very little help from anyone else on the line in run defense.

Thats the fullback moving past him to take on Blackburn.

Well I've been trying to post a picture illustrating that there's two people on Star in that second picture but "that image extension isn't allowed by this forum." Point is, Star's being regularly double teamed because he's getting very little help from anyone else on the line in run defense.

No Greg Hardy to worry about.

Jeremy, how important do you think Hardy truly was to this defense. Can our line be dominant without him?

Frank Alexander is no slouch. He will instantly be our best DE with how Johnson is playing.

You may even see an Alexander / Addison combo on passing downs that could be interesting.

This is what is tough about the Huddle

Only about 1 in 10 posters know much beyond "Cam is great!" or "Cam sucks".  Same with Keek.

I noted last week and this week the our LB's especially Keek, has a Guard or Center attached to his chest constantly now.  My thinking was that Hardy drew a double team quiet a bit and now our 4 are handled by their 4 Olineman, leaving one to tag Keek.

Look at the Pittsburgh tape.  They were constantly getting to the second level and neutralizing him.

Oline and Dline are neither performing very well at the moment.

Archived