• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cracking Down on this Forum

Jeremy Igo

The Huddle has reached its tolerance capacity for snarky responses and personal insults. There are several people in this joint that provide no real value as a huddler, haven't produced a decent thread in years, but quick to belittle others.

Personal attacks will result in a banning, and I don't care who you are. If you find yourself just replying with a two word snarky response or an attack.... you should think twice.

Time to get this place back on track. Plenty to discuss in a civil manner.

thanks us panther fans got to respect eachother

Lol you're going to ban him over that comment? Is this preschool? We cant even light heartedly joke around anymore? Wow

He said to cut down on personal insults and Mad Hatter got insulted right away....  You can tell mods are fed up with stupid comments.  Unfortunately for KK, they made an example out of him.  It's his own fault really.

The Huddle has reached its tolerance capacity for snarky responses and personal insults. There are several people in this joint that provide no real value as a huddler, haven't produced a decent thread in years, but quick to belittle others.

Personal attacks will result in a banning, and I don't care who you are. If you find yourself just replying with a two word snarky response or an attack.... you should think twice.

Time to get this place back on track. Plenty to discuss in a civil manner.

To be fair, most threads start out fine. Until someone makes a goofy comment. Then it just goes down hill from there. If you can't convince someone of your point, you automatically have to dis them. It's a rule I think.

That said. I was just thinking last night that this place was getting to the old CO forum level nastiness. One of the main reasons I joined this site was to get away from there.

So from me. Thanks for taking the BULL by the horns.

We are still very far from the "RIP" Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Oberserver forum. ;)

Glad I am not the only one thinking this was in danger of happening. I don't mind a spirited debate. But I just see no reason for some of the ... animosity that jumps up.

Yea, but it does not give people right to be nasty to other people.  If you getting beyond boiling point, unplug and go cool off.  No reason to take your anger out on other people.

At the moment maturity is sorely lacking up in here. And it ain't just the newbs. I know folks are frustrated, hellz, I am as well. But I agree, there is no reason for some of the nastiness going on.

Lol you're going to ban him over that comment? Is this preschool? We cant even light heartedly joke around anymore? Wow

If you are told to behave, and the first words out of your mouth are sarcastic. Yupperz. Maybe, and this could just be me, but, take a few minutes before you push the boundaries.

He said to cut down on personal insults and Mad Hatter got insulted right away....  You can tell mods are fed up with stupid comments.  Unfortunately for KK, they made an example out of him.  It's his own fault really.

When my dad told me to cool it...I had enough brains to, you know, actually cool it.

Glad I am not the only one thinking this was in danger of happening. I don't mind a spirited debate. But I just see no reason for some of the ... animosity that jumps up. 

I was one of the last to run away from the Observer forum, the last days that forum was a home for trolls, it was my home for 10 years.. The first to tell me about the huddle was NanceUSMC.

I was one of the last to run away from the Observer forum, the last days that forum was a home for trolls, it was my home for 10 years.. The first to tell me about the huddle was NanceUSMC.

That name seems to ring a bell. But at my age, it could just be the ringing in my ear.

I can't remember how long I was there, but it was for a long time. It was fun for years. But in the end, it was intolerable.

I still stop by once in a while. It is still a ghost town.

I actually think it was Slash that got me over here. I like it here, mostly. lol

Archived