• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cracking Down on this Forum

Jeremy Igo

Classic example as far as the chat room goes.A few female fans would participate, but the rude and juvenile comments drove them away. Comments that only a teenager would make.

Yep, almost all female members knew me well so I always honored their ban requests.  Unfortunately now, its free for all in there.

People feel like chatroom is a guilt free zone and huddle rules don't apply. 

To be fair, yesterday was an example of anger and pain that had building up since Smith was cut boiling over once it was clear the game was a lost cause. All things considered, the forum has seen worse meltdowns.

Yea, but it does not give people right to be nasty to other people.  If you getting beyond boiling point, unplug and go cool off.  No reason to take your anger out on other people.

I truly believe the Steve Smith Vs. Dave Gettleman debate has people on sides like Republicans vs. Democrats and gets people as equally fired up as politics do. I know me and a certain other member of the community were going at it, and it's only ever on the subject of Steve Smith Vs. Dave Gettleman.

Hopefully now that Baltimore week is over the subject will come up less and less, because that person and I have come to a peaceful resolution.

Well damn, how else is MadHatter going to post now?

I didn't consider that an insult but I don't make the calls here. However, MadHatter – while being a friend of the Huddle and therefore probably granted a much longer leash than nearly anyone else – has insulted more posters than just about anyone I've seen in the past couple years. If I were to say half of what he's said to me in a current thread I'd be banned for a long time, but part of running this place is you have the right to pick who gets kicked and who doesn't.

I rarely post in game threads, so if it's worse there I just don't see it.

I truly believe the Steve Smith Vs. Dave Gettleman debate has people on sides like Republicans vs. Democrats and gets people as equally fired up as politics do. I know me and a certain other member of the community were going at it, and it's only ever on the subject of Steve Smith Vs. Dave Gettleman.

Hopefully now that Baltimore week is over the subject will come up less and less, because that person and I have come to a peaceful resolution.

the only thing that i think has gotten this forum more divided and angry in recent memory is "oh god anybody but cam i'm going to stop being a panthers fan if we draft cam" vs. "cam cam cam cam" before and right after the 2011 draft

Archived