• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cracking Down on this Forum

Jeremy Igo

wanna know something funny about that scenario he posted about?

i wasn't even talking about him but he misunderstood me and got mad

i explained it here but he didn't see it because i'm on his ignore list now apparently

oh well!

No worries.  I never made a judgement on you or anyone else that he mentioned.  I just know from experience that what he said happened to me in the past.  It's all good.  I definitely was not targeting you with the post.  My post was in  very general terms and I am sure that you know it happens because I am sure that  you have seen some on here bragging about their post count and that the newbs didn't have a valid opinion because they were well you know, newbs.  

Administrator,

I've sent you 3 request in the last 3 years to remove my member title..I don't know who put it on here and I don't know how to change it.

If your going to clean up your message board, I suggest you start at the top.

I am sorry but that is too funny, lol.

Administrator,

I've sent you 3 request in the last 3 years to remove my member title..I don't know who put it on here and I don't know how to change it.

If your going to clean up your message board, I suggest you start at the top.

Does it not show you the option in your General Account Settings? If you're not sure, use the drop down next to your user name in the top right of the page and go to "My Settings." Under left-side tab, "Profile Settings," about halfway down is Profile Information where you should be able to change your Member Title.

Unless, of course, a Mod locked that ability for your profile, which kinda sucks.

As far as forum quality this place is still one of the best I've seen after many years. Even when people have dumb opinions, that's part of the fun. Really the only thing that grates on me are initial first 5 comments on every thread like "This poo again" and "You couldn't put this in ___ thread" and "No." Like we have to get through the race of people trying to prevent the thread first, then we can get into discussing the OP. It's always the same dudes, too.

What about someone's sentence structure in a given post?

Thanks, Jeremy. During the season I tend to stay away at least until Wednesday. By then, maybe most of the ranting is off the front page & my pain has diminished. When we lose like we have, I generally stay away for weeks.

Raskle is right - any harassment "invalidates their right to have an opinion of their own." Thanks, Raskle, for saying what needed to be said.

Been here since its beginning. Love this place. Enjoy the podcasts. And the "smiley's", what can I say ................

:mom:   :zoro:   :jig:    :hair:   :cam: 

It's not funny. It's cowardly.To many people hide behind their computers and post things they don't have the guts to say in person. Such is the case here.

ditto. this isn't just a problem here though - it's all over the internet. If you don't believe me mosey on over to an NC State message board and read the numerous threads about UNC. 

There was a guy harassing me in one of the subs here and I accidently stumbled upon his twitter account. I let him know that he wasn't anonymous anymore and surprisingly the  insults, harassment, and sh1t talking stopped instantly. LOL. 

There's a new app that's out called "yik yak" and it basically provides anonymous people with a public fourm to gossip and say whatever they want about anybody or anything without any accountability. It's big on college campuses from what I hear. Stuff like that is very, very dangerous. Here's an article on it. here's a better one from a psychologist. It's from Foxnews but it's still a strong indictment on how dangerous something like this can be.  Look at xbox live, too. People say stuff they WOULD never say in public. Anonymity is a slippery slope. 

It's also just natural when things get going bad - it's easy to take out your frustration on your fellow fans. I've seen it out in public during bad games. Had to check a few people at the Icehouse bathroom during the 49er playoff game. Just b/c your team is losing that isn't an excuse for people to be acting like morons. 

I've sent PMs and poo to mods when I was clearly being cursed out and have gotten 0 responses or anything.

Either we need more mods or the ones we have need to actually follow through with this or its just a couple of people playing favorites while other's are actually held to the fake standard being put forth here.  Is there a clear policy and if so is there a set of penalties in place?

IE...1st offense si a warning...then 1 day ban...or what? Is it just arbitrary and randomly up to however the mod feels at the time? I was given a warning for responding to a troll then that same troll kept throwing personal insults toward other people...so not sure if he was warned or banned or what....

Archived