• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cracking Down on this Forum

Jeremy Igo

Those insults, directed at me or otherwise, is why I pretty much retreated to the soccer forum. For the most part, it's always a decently respectful discussion. We kid, but no one really takes it too far.

Glad to see this thread, and I'm hoping it stays that way for the long haul.

Those insults, directed at me or otherwise, is why I pretty much retreated to the soccer forum. For the most part, it's always a decently respectful discussion. We kid, but no one really takes it too far.

Glad to see this thread, and I'm hoping it stays that way for the long haul.

Less civil than soccer fans?

Oy :unsure:

Dude, I'm on your side here, but I'm gonna have to step in (if somebody already hasn't)...

Being ambulatory is a GOOD THING.

Being ambulatory means you have the capability to be up and about and to walk.

The opposite of ambulatory is bed-ridden.

If Cam is ambulatory, that is GOOD.  It means he can move around.

You OK now?   :lol:

I know. I fugged up on that one. Oops

The Huddle has reached its tolerance capacity for snarky responses and personal insults. There are several people in this joint that provide no real value as a huddler, haven't produced a decent thread in years, but quick to belittle others.

Personal attacks will result in a banning, and I don't care who you are. If you find yourself just replying with a two word snarky response or an attack.... you should think twice.

Time to get this place back on track. Plenty to discuss in a civil manner.

Serious question here, does this include race baiting? I've seen a lot of it lately.

As far as forum quality this place is still one of the best I've seen after many years. Even when people have dumb opinions, that's part of the fun. Really the only thing that grates on me are initial first 5 comments on every thread like "This poo again" and "You couldn't put this in ___ thread" and "No." Like we have to get through the race of people trying to prevent the thread first, then we can get into discussing the OP. It's always the same dudes, too.

As far as forum quality this place is still one of the best I've seen after many years. Even when people have dumb opinions, that's part of the fun. Really the only thing that grates on me are initial first 5 comments on every thread like "This poo again" and "You couldn't put this in ___ thread" and "No." Like we have to get through the race of people trying to prevent the thread first, then we can get into discussing the OP. It's always the same dudes, too.

I probably am guilty of this, but seriously, there's just like an over abundance of threads with some real thin opinion that could be in some sort of megathread of discussion.. So frustrating to see countless thread over thread of ones opinion of the same damn topic. 

The problem with that mindset though, is that it's predicated on the belief that it is a "dumb opinion" thread. Just because you don't find validity in it, doesn't mean that it gives you (and I'm using the generalized you here, not directed at anyone in particular) the right to browbeat or harass the person who has the opinion. It invalidates their right to have an opinion of their own. To me, that's not cool.

The easiest way to have a thread you feel is silly stop is to ignore the thread and not post in it. I feel that's a far more effective method of cutting down on the clutter of posts than to have it keep popping up on the front page, due only to the fact that it's getting replies of "Gosh you're stupid" posts many feel are necessary. Now, this isn't the same as someone posting the same idea in five different threads. Simply put, that's spam, and should be reported to a Mod to be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Otherwise, you're probably just feeding the troll.

Archived