• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many of you felt this way today?

Jeremy Igo

On this same line here... a guy I work with who is a Steelers fan here in Wilmington was at BWW's watching the Steelers game and he said there was a group of Panthers fans cheering every time Smitty made a play and especially the TDs.  

wtf?

This team isn't the Carolina Steve Smith's...  I liked Smitty when he played here, but I am a Panthers fan.

you could see panthers fans in 89 jerseys in the seats clapping and cheering when he scored his touchdowns

the fans who post on this site are of a different breed and sometimes i sort of forget that.  like i knew panthers fans who were puzzled as to why i was rooting for the colts in super bowl XLIV.  some people are more fans of individual players than they are of the team in general and don't "get" rivalries and that kind of thing.

Not quite, but I loved every second of Smittys systematic and vicious dismantling of our team. G-Man got it wrong and he deserved to be punished. Having the player he wronged torch the team that g man fired him from was as pure a form of justice that will ever exist in this world.

SMITTY ASKED TO BE RELEASED

There were plenty of 'Panther' fans wearing 89 in Panthers and Ravens jerseys yesterday and doing the same poo. I felt sad because it did not feel right to see Smitty in a Ravens jersey, but I did not wear a Smitty jersey NOR did I cheer when he caught passes or scored. I did not stop being a Panthers fan for one Moment over the love of one player. That poo pissed me off yesterday in the stands. Shows that Panther Nation still is too young in its development and has a long way to go. Ravens fans had to think we were crazy.

Archived