• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Along the Sidelines - Ravens Edition

Jeremy Igo

Losing, I can handle. After all, I'm a 20 year PANTHER fan! What I can't accept is: being embarrassed 2 weeks in row. Being out coached 2 weeks in row. My team not being prepared 2 weeks in a row. My offensive line allowing my QB to get killed 2 weeks in a row and seemingly not giving a poop either way. My team not giving the effort to compete 2 weeks in a row. And if something doesn't change this week, the BEARS are going to kick our ass Sunday and hang a 50 burger on us. I don't care how you slice it, this is unacceptable bullsh%#!

I just want that look from Ron to actually translate into something. Someone, anyone in the locker room needs to do or say something to fire this team up and play as well as we know that they can, especially the defense after how bad they have played these past two games. Of course I can't say much since the coaching hasn't exactly been great as well.

like Jordan Gross said, "never too high, never too low" if you let these past two weeks get in your head, you won't be able to compete with anyone in the NFL. O-line needs some serious work, but hopefully they will improve as the season goes on.

what the f has happened to our defense? Roman Harper has been HORRIBLE, CJ hasn't been existant in the pass or rush defense, Greg Hardy, Thomas Davis, and even Luke Kuechly has looked subpar. 

Something is off with them and I think its confidence. 

KILLER penalties. That 12 man on the field on the PR might not have lost us the game, but there was no hope of winning after that

I wanna know why we've strayed away from intense practices. Our entire team is lacking focus and discipline. Is this the catalyst for our current issues? IDK, but something needs to change.

My opinion is the team is mentally weak.

When things go great we ride the momentum, and it's easy because we ha e great talent at playmaking positions.

But, when things go wrong we can't make adjustments and thus we ride that momentum as well and it snowballs.

This isn't a knock against them, but when I look at Cam and Luke, I don't see rah-rah guys or born leaders. They are who they are, and to me from the outside looking in, they appear to be guys who lead through their play rather than any psychological or motivational words or presence. So, they don't really know how to counter the adversity to get other guys going.

Again, it's not a knock on them... when I played, I was a lot like them in terms of demeanor. If I was hot - I couldn't be stopped. If something went wrong, i'd spend time thinking back to how and why it went wrong and meanwhile, the problems would just keep piling up. I couldn't fix my team's problems because I was trying to fix my own. If you don't have a guy like a Smitty, Hardy, or Mike Mitchell in your huddle, things can go south QUICK. And they have...

Add to that, Rivera hasn't been on the hotseat this season (yet) so he has reverted back to his easygoing, laid back style and it has shown in the team's play thr last two weeks through penalty issues and a lack of focus in general. My concern, as I suspected last season, is that the success and winning ways of last season was the aberration because Ron was coaching like he never would otherwise because he was one game away from being fired. Now, he has a new contract and it's back to old hat. He's going to have to shake things up this week or we're in for a long season.

When things go great we ride the momentum, and it's easy because we ha e great talent at playmaking positions.

But, when things go wrong we can't make adjustments and thus we ride that momentum as well and it snowballs....

This has been the Panthers for a very long time.  When they are playing well, it shows and they usually end up winning those games.  Its either that or things go bad, they never seam to be able to recover, and generally things get worse.  Its either feast or famine... nothing in between.  

Archived