• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pics from Today's camp

Salescall

Great pics! Looks like the little lady has a nice eye for sports!

Nah, look at where the ballcarrier is. Beason has a step on his man and in the right the direction. At worst his arm will be tangled up and itll be difficult to make the wrap but not the stop. It could open up a pretty big lane to the ballcarriers right, but Marshall is in posistion to stop that one albeit a couple yards too late.

Disagree.

Davis and Brayton are both swallowed. An average back will identify that he as to cut to his right behind the block on Beason then turn up field. That'll be more than "a couple" yard gain. WHether or not that particular play turned into a big gain or not isn't really the issue as much as the FACT that there are not 1 but 2 O-linemen blocking at the LB level.

Pic 5 shows JP lined up against Otah. I like it. I think it will help Otah's development

I also found it interesting that JP is lined up on the left. Can anyone testify as to whether that has been the norm, or just on certain plays?

Disagree.

Davis and Brayton are both swallowed. An average back will identify that he as to cut to his right behind the block on Beason then turn up field. That'll be more than "a couple" yard gain. WHether or not that particular play turned into a big gain or not isn't really the issue as much as the FACT that there are not 1 but 2 O-linemen blocking at the LB level.

Well on a run play you would typically expect that the LB's would have to move up and engage the OL, especially against our offense. Remember, part of our equation is going to be FB and TE in a run-block role. So that would be seven guys against four defensive linemen. All I would read into that pic is that the gaurds and tackles (who is that anyway, Schwartz?) are quick off the line and ready to engage linebackers all year in our run heavy offense. I really don't think it should give too much cause for concern. Brown is already disengaged, Beason has made his man commit and out manuvered him. The RB is funneled to the CB in textbook fashion here, and you know the safties have already moved up to contain.

Much of what I've seen and heard this offseason has not convinced me that our defense will struggle like it did down the stretch last year. Rather, our OL is stepping up to the challenge it will have this year.

Archived