• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Behind Enemy Lines - Ravens

Jeremy Igo

This post will be Steve Smith free, mainly due to how completely bored I am of the topic.

Here are a few news tidbits worthy of your attention.

Four Ravens starters miss practice

Linebacker Terrell Suggs (groin), cornerback Jimmy Smith (leg), defensive end Chris Canty (calf) and offensive tackle Eugene Monroe (knee) were absent when players participated in individual drills.

Canty and Suggs would be a huge loss for them if they can't play. The Ravens run a 3-4 hybrid on defense that Carolina has struggled with in the past.

Lorenzo Taliaferro becoming a common name

The truth is that Baltimore’s offense doesn’t miss Ray Rice. Losing Bernard Pierce on Sunday didn’t hurt, either, with Justin Forsett and Taliaferro lashing the Browns for nearly 160 yards on the ground. The Ravens showed plenty of trust in their rookie, riding Taliaferro’s hot hand for 91 yards at 5.1 yards per carry in his first legitimate action of the year. Nimble on his feet, the former Coastal Carolina rumbler repeatedly burst past Cleveland’s first wave for extra yardage.

Its nice to see a Coastal Carolina kid do well in the NFL, but hopefully not this week.

Ravens defensive adjustments could be trouble for Carolina

pixel.gif

The Browns, who averaged just over four yards a carry through the first three quarters, lost six yards on five carries in the fourth quarter. They finished with 91 yards on 29 carries for the game.

I think we did a great job adjusting," Harbaugh said. "We called in a couple different defenses than we had been calling, and we got a different look over there to the tight end side than we had been getting. And our guys did a much better job of basically knocking their offensive line back into the backfield, and we controlled the edges better. It was defensive adjustments, and it was guys stepping up.

Mike Shula isn't exactly known for making amazing gameday adjustments. The Baltimore Defense has the ability to take Shula's game plan and adjust to it on the fly. If the Panthers offense comes out flat, it could be a long day for Carolina.

Does anyone else have the feeling this game could make or break our season? Really curious to see how the Panthers come out and play this game. Either down and still dejected or on fire ready to kick ass. I think it's 50/50 at this point with all our injuries and banged up players.

Before the Pittsburgh loss I thought week 5-10 was going to decide if we were a Superbowl team.. So yeah I agree that this is a make or break game for us. But like you said with the injuries piling up, a gimpy Cam Newton, and a horrible OLine it's hard to guarantee a win for us.

Does anyone else have the feeling this game could make or break our season? Really curious to see how the Panthers come out and play this game. Either down and still dejected or on fire ready to kick ass. I think it's 50/50 at this point with all our injuries and banged up players.

I don't think so

The Panthers break up the season into 4 quarters. Losing this Sunday would put them at 2-2 for the first quarter, hardly an emergency situation.

3-1 this quarter sounds so much better though, doesn't it?

This game is the mouthwash of the season, to get rid of the bad taste left from last game. The panthers should not let their guard down anymore by any means. I swear, our team just enjoooooys proving all the analysts wrong, for better or worse.

Personally, I don't like power rankings, and I sure don't really enjoy the spotlight of being labeled the best (though my bias says we are). Getting knocked down to small market under dog status fits just fine. Anyhow, I think this game is winnable, It all boils to the offensive line and running game. Hopefully we see a good play in our defense as well. Please don't let anything be dependent on Thomas Decoud. 

no... divisional games can make or break our season and we've only played one.... but if we do lose to them we have done as the saints/falcons have by losing 1 game to that division. Its a long season brother. When Frank Alexander comes back our DL should be even more confident. As of right now our biggest worry should be Oline and TD if is he's out, not so much the RBs considering DWill/Reeves are active. That also proves not to invest too much money into your backfield. Those guys take too many hit. Also we have beat better raven teams with less on our end. WE OWN THEM! don't utter craziness bro... ALL IN, WIN OR NOTHING!

Ravens 30- Panteras 12.

The offense sucks and cant stay on the field and the d gets tired and well you get the idea. Hope im severely wrong.

even though we might not be the better team and smitty will burn us for a couple tds I dont think they will blow us out like you said

Ravens 30- Panteras 12.

The offense sucks and cant stay on the field and the d gets tired and well you get the idea. Hope im severely wrong.

they are out there mind if they think Steve Smith is going to put up 14... I feel great about the type of loss we had last week and the embarrassment that came with it because it relights the fires that wasn't lit thus far. Panthers will win and because of offense!

Archived