• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kawann Short may be our best defensive lineman

Jeremy Igo

Star is no slouch and is a top notch nose tackle. But right now I think Kawann may be out playing him in the under tackle spot.

Those are different positions with different responsibilities though.

I'd agree he's on the rise but I think opposing OCs are still gameplanning to stop Lotulelei more than Short.

In the end though, I'd be lying if I said I cared who was better as long as they're both great and playing for us.

As weird as it is to say, I believe Luke was at fault on that run... he went outside instead of inside and Bell had a huge hole to run thru with no one to even touch him.

Said it elsewhere.  An aggressive defense is always 'live by the sword, die by the sword'.

I trust Luke's instincts 99% of the time, but he's not infallible and he just guessed wrong on that play.

The biggest thing, a couple of times they got knocked out of their creases and allowed the double teams to work.  When that happens, they've got to do one of two things: hold your point a little bit better, or stay in your crease as a D-lineman. And as a linebacker, when you see that, you've got to get downhill now. And they just didn't do that very well.

Archived