• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... About that extra day off for veterans...

Jeremy Igo

When everyone in the stadium and watching on tv knew the Steelers were about to throw their 15th screen pass in a row, and we still didn't scheme the defense to stop it, it was obvious something was serious off about that game.

Granted, we did a decent job of stopping it based on our defensive qiuckness. But if we would've taken away the flats altogether and make Ben stand in the pocket for more than 1 second, it would've been very different.

THIS!! 100 percent. I could not believe the number of screens they ran with no discernible adjustments from the D. It was borderline comical by the end of the game. Just screen after screen after screen. Big gainer after big gainer...I don't get it.

i think the steelers came to play in a big game for them on the national stage, and the panthers treated it like a 1pm game against the raiders

a veteran team that has had plenty of time and success in the limelight vs a mostly young team that hasn't seen a lot of night games

the steelers were ready to show off during the only game in town.  they are vet.

one coaching mantra that rubs me the wrong way is "just another game"

its not.   the next game is always the most important game ever

Yall realize the head coach was working on things un football related most of the week right ?

Gettleman handled the bulk of it. Rivera only had the conversation with Hardy as a head coach to a player. The rest of the week was business as usual. This is not to say Hardy coverage was not a distraction.

Yep. There was a day last week where Rivera was an hour late to practice. That is a distraction. The Steelers played well but something seemed off last night.

Yo, I didn't know that.  This is the type of insight and digging rarely displayed around here.  With this type of stuff going on, we were behind the eight ball before the game started.  I do vividly remember Rivera's lack of attitude on the sideline.  He has been fired up recently on the sideline.  Mental strain takes its toll after a while and he had been dealing with it intensely since right after the Detroit game.

Agree. And with guys like Ryan Kalil playing poorly, I am thinking it was something intangible. The guys just were not prepared or motivated.

This.

I have been meaning to start a serious thread about what went on....because I can't for the life of me put it all together.

Any ideas?

Archived