• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... About that extra day off for veterans...

Jeremy Igo

I made a comment last night that the team seemed to be in a fog. Rivera looked like he was somewhere else. They showed Gettleman and Jerry and they both seemed to be day dreaming. I think this past week took a mental toll on the team.

I said it before that the hardy thing will make or break this team. It appeared to have broke us. Such a strange night. No intensity at all. Let's hope we get our poo together and fast because seeing smitty gloat next week would hurt really really fuging bad

In spite of all of us convincing ourselves the team would never take any opponent lightly, I think we did just that.

We won big vs Detroit, and the team relaxed a bit too much. Hopefully, we've learned our lesson once again. Every opponent in the NFL can kick your ass if your aren't at your best.

I agree with this. Cam even said in his presser that this week in practice they could of done more to make sure things were run correctly instead of telling themselves they'd get it on Sunday. Practice like you play, right?

All of Panther nation got a slice of humble pie last night, heck maybe even a WHOLE PIE.

We could swap every player, personnel, and executive on this team with the Seahawks and I feel like we'd still have the same stupid problems that never seem to go away

Yea it is very strange and frustrating how we still can't shake some stigmas we've come to know and hate. They have that new phrase "Why not us" but we're often left wondering "Why us" over here in Panther land with some of this poo.

Yeah everything was off...  When Kalil is fuging up, something is wrong. 

The defense seemed lost.  Shula went from stellar playcalling back to "wtf are you doing"?  We had absolutely no intensity or focus.

The worst part, I felt that snowball effect kicking in before it actually did, just like it used to in our mediocre seasons under Fox and Rivera - that feeling where you know something is going to go wrong before it does and the bottom will fall out.

I promise you, I felt like it was a facade when we scored again and then stopped their offense...  I thought, "man, remember how everyone was worried in the preseason about whether we had a returner and no one could cleanly catch a punt?  What if Philly forgets how good he's been doing and suddenly muffs this one..."  AND BAM!  He muffs it.

The focus was just gone.

Yeah everything was off... When Kalil is fuging up, something is wrong.

The defense seemed lost. Shula went from stellar playcalling back to "wtf are you doing"? We had absolutely no intensity or focus.

The worst part, I felt that snowball effect kicking in before it actually did, just like it used to in our mediocre seasons under Fox and Rivera - that feeling where you know something is going to go wrong before it does and the bottom will fall out.

I promise you, I felt like it was a facade when we scored again and then stopped their offense... I thought, "man, remember how everyone was worried in the preseason about whether we had a returner and no one could cleanly catch a punt? What if Philly forgets how good he's been doing and suddenly muffs this one..." AND BAM! He muffs it.

The focus was just gone.

Sadly I know exactly what you mean.

Yeah everything was off... When Kalil is fuging up, something is wrong.

The defense seemed lost. Shula went from stellar playcalling back to "wtf are you doing"? We had absolutely no intensity or focus.

I promise you, I felt like it was a facade when we scored again and then stopped their offense... I thought, "man, remember how everyone was worried in the preseason about whether we had a returner and no one could cleanly catch a punt? What if Philly forgets how good he's been doing and suddenly muffs this one..." AND BAM! He muffs it.

The focus was just gone.

I say don't drop it philly every time he's back there. Thought didn't even cross my mind when we had ginn. He was such a luxury

When everyone in the stadium and watching on tv knew the Steelers were about to throw their 15th screen pass in a row, and we still didn't scheme the defense to stop it, it was obvious something was serious off about that game.

Granted, we did a decent job of stopping it based on our defensive qiuckness. But if we would've taken away the flats altogether and make Ben stand in the pocket for more than 1 second, it would've been very different.

When everyone in the stadium and watching on tv knew the Steelers were about to throw their 15th screen pass in a row, and we still didn't scheme the defense to stop it, it was obvious something was serious off about that game.

Granted, we did a decent job of stopping it based on our defensive qiuckness. But if we would've taken away the flats altogether and make Ben stand in the pocket for more than 1 second, it would've been very different.

Yep. There was a day last week where Rivera was an hour late to practice. That is a distraction. The Steelers played well but something seemed off last night.

We have issues (OL mainly) but I think it's telling that the area Rivera is usually most involved with (defense) played so uncharacteristically awful following a week of off-field issues where he was heavily involved. You expect our OL to struggle, but the defense playing that bad was way out of character for us.

Archived