• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little Cam Newton praise....

Jeremy Igo

I believe last week he completed passes to 7 different receivers, as well.

He's gotten better every year since he's been in the league. When he gets back to 100%, he's going to be an absolute terror for opposing defenses. Not only can he break out and run on you, but he can also surgically destroy you from the pocket.

Too bad he won't be 100% this season.

24/35

250 Yards

1 TD

0 INT

Completed passes to 7 different players.

Considering how absolutely terrible the offensive line played yesterday, I feel like this may be one of Cam's better performances in a long while.

He has made great strides in making his progressions this year. When he gets healthy again and is able to run like the Cam of old, he is going to be the complete player we all knew he could be.

Not only that.....he often had 2 rookie WRs and an undrafted 2nd year WR as his wideouts as he made plays behind our OL.

He still holds on to the ball too long... I know our o-line is horrible but you can help them and yourself out by getting ridnof the ball quicker... and some screens wouldn't hurt either

About 75% of the time this is due to play design. Blame Shula's play design with his three downfield routes with no checkdown option because of the rbs staying in as extra blockers.

How about helping out Cam by surrounding him with some consistent RBs and Online. Wanting so much out of him and picking apart his game while ignoring the teams real glaring problems make no sense. Been saying this for four seasons now.

Worked on the defense but still is ignoring the offense because of how some of u see this kid.

Even Peyton Manning will not look good without his weapons.

About 75% of the time this is due to play design. Blame Shula's play design with his three downfield routes with no checkdown option because of the rbs staying in as extra blockers.

Not so sure this is on Shula.....at least the blocking RB's thing.  No faith in the line.

Not so sure this is on Shula.....at least the blocking RB's thing.  No faith in the line.

i agree.  you have some people saying Shula doesnt help the Oline out enough with extra blockers and others saying he doesnt help Cam out enough because he has extra blockers.  I'm just seeing reality that nobody knows what the fug they're talking about, other they want to blame anybody but the players who arent executing.

i agree.  you have some people saying Shula doesnt help the Oline out enough with extra blockers and others saying he doesnt help Cam out enough because he has extra blockers.  I'm just seeing reality that nobody knows what the fug they're talking about, other they want to blame anybody but the players who arent executing.

I blame him for being a piss poor OC, and not understanding how to make changes on the fly, but the RB's staying in to block...that's not on him.

We had a chance to get Hue Jackson, but because we had a coach who had not shown his true colors yet, the team didn't want to commit to a long term answer at the OC position....in steps Shula.

Hated the hire then, and I hate it now.  We needed someone qualified to come in and help this mess of an offense, instead we just got a little more messy.

Not so sure this is on Shula.....at least the blocking RB's thing. No faith in the line.

It's kind of a catch 22 but ultimately it's Shula's design. Yes he has the extra blockers stay in to help because the line is so bad but he does it because he's intent on forcing the issue on downfield passing instead of allowing a safety outlet for Cam. The extra blocker and a checkdown route both serve similar purposes - attempting to neutralize the pass rush. It's just that using an extra blocker limits the options for the play.

It's kind of a catch 22 but ultimately it's Shula's design. Yes he has the extra blockers stay in to help because the line is so bad but he does it because he's intent on forcing the issue on downfield passing instead of allowing a safety outlet for Cam. The extra blocker and a checkdown route both serve similar purposes - attempting to neutralize the pass rush. It's just that using an extra blocker limits the options for the play.

so you are claiming he never has a check down receiver?  because there is a ton of film that would say otherwise.  only a passer forces a pass, not sure how someone up in a box can be forcing a pass downfield.

Archived