• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little Cam Newton praise....

Jeremy Igo

24/35

250 Yards

1 TD

0 INT

Completed passes to 7 different players.

Considering how absolutely terrible the offensive line played yesterday, I feel like this may be one of Cam's better performances in a long while.

He has made great strides in making his progressions this year. When he gets healthy again and is able to run like the Cam of old, he is going to be the complete player we all knew he could be.

2015 is the year

24/35

250 Yards

1 TD

0 INT

Completed passes to 7 different players.

Considering how absolutely terrible the offensive line played yesterday, I feel like this may be one of Cam's better performances in a long while.

He has made great strides in making his progressions this year. When he gets healthy again and is able to run like the Cam of old, he is going to be the complete player we all knew he could be.

Not only that, but he's doing it on an obvious bumb ankle and broken ribs. Not to mention the fact that the body armor he's wearing around his midsection definitely limits his ability for full extension.

I've played football, and throwing with pads on is different in its own right. Imagine having to wear body armor on top of that. Cam was a Soldier last night. Did he miss some throws high? Yeah, but until his ribs are healed, I for one will give him a free pass.

i just hope he doesnt get too battered to become healthy this year

I am so tired of people here continually saying this. Why are you so certain that we are sending him out there injured with no regard for long term consequences? We sat him week 1, and I have confidence Rivera will put in DA whenever necessary to protect Cam's health, but please, have a little faith in our coaching, training and medical staff. Watching on tv, we don't know what's going on, so please don't try to say he isn't healthy enough to play when all evidence from the coaches and trainers (namely that he's actually in the game) is to the contrary.

This is our franchise quarterback. Please think before you try to claim you know more than the experts who have all the information.

Let me introduce you to the top 10 QBs in the NFL with at least 40 passing attempts.

Top 10 QBs

And the only team not to throw an int in the top 10 is... the Panthers.

There are only 2 teams in the NFL with 2 receivers in the top 20 for receiving yardage. The Redskins and the Panthers.

Enjoy. You now have a top 10 passing offense. The rushing offense we know is there once they get healthy.

The issue is the Defense. Not the offense. But you all can keep harping on it until you achieve the #1 offense in NFL history. Still people will take issue with holding the ball too long, not enough arc on passes, or the OL not being the best of all time.

Now I just hope the Steelers did not expose the defense. Star Lotulelei got whooped for most of the game. Panthers were gashed up the middle with the RBs slow playing the LBs, and letting the OL push the DT into them time and time again.

Am I the only one that thinks the OLine blocks better for DA than Newton? (Not saying they do it on purpose)

Is it because DA is more of a pocket passer and they're not worried about the run or that he gets the ball out quicker than Newton?

Not saying it's the case, but have definitely thought it on one or two snaps. I'm sure someone has a stat but it sure feels like DA gets rid of the ball earlier. May be 10 extra years experience or could be that Cam prefers bigger plays and let's his receivers go out and make them.

Or could just be that d lines are more pumped getting after Supercam than Derek?

Archived