• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little Cam Newton praise....

Jeremy Igo

24/35

250 Yards

1 TD

0 INT

Completed passes  to 7 different players.

Considering how absolutely terrible the offensive line played yesterday, I feel like this may be one of Cam's better performances in a long while.

He has made great strides in making his progressions this year. When he gets healthy again and is able to run like the Cam of old, he is going to be the complete player we all knew he could be.

I think it's the silver lining in the dark cloud of his injuries. He can't rely on running anymore so he has had to focus on his passing game and I believe when he is 100% he's going to be more lethal than ever. I just hope he survives the season. At this rate he may be only playing 1-2 more games before he sustains a serious injury if his protection doesn't shore up.

I believe last week he completed passes to 7 different receivers, as well.  

He's gotten better every year since he's been in the league.  When he gets back to 100%, he's going to be an absolute terror for opposing defenses.  Not only can he break out and run on you, but he can also surgically destroy you from the pocket. 

He probably won't ever be 100% healthy this year.

I was just talking to my sister about this. Eric Staal from the canes had a knee injury in 2012 and couldn't do preseason workouts for the 2013 season. He never really played up to his full potential the entire season.

I am expecting something similar from Cam. I think this ankle will take longer to get back to normal than he thought.

Archived