• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Norman was close to getting a flag last night.

Jeremy Igo

No, he still fumbled trying to make a play that he screwed up to start with.  starting on the 4 is better than giving them 7 to put the game out of reach.  maybe letting the punt go into the EZ would have been the best play.

Still disagree. Percentages tell you that the odds of fumbling twice on a single play are low. All he had to do was pick a ball up off the field with no one around him. Even I could do that. He would have been ripped if he had fallen on it with no one around him. His problem was his klutzy ass DID fumble the ball twice.

Still disagree. Percentages tell you that the odds of fumbling twice on a single play are low. All he had to do was pick a ball up off the field with no one around him. Even I could do that. He would have been ripped if he had fallen on it with no one around him. His problem was his klutzy ass DID fumble the ball twice.

i added something else prolly while u were quoting.  u mentioned he muffed when a steeler may have been 10 yards away.  how far away was he when by the time he picked it up?  like 1 second.  he muffed then was stripped, the defense made the play.

And before that Norman almost got a 15 Yd penalty for running his mouth on a different play. I was in the front row of the end zone, drunk off my ass & pissed, & stood on top of the railing watching him run his mouth, and I swear if they had thrown a flag I probably would've charged the field.

Norman is a loudmouth bum. Can't stand him.

No Brown did the right thing. The nearest Steeler was still about 10 yards away when he muffed it. Falling on it at about the 4 is way worse than picking it up and advancing it to probably the 10.

u blind bro, a steeler was 2 steps away from him when he tried to scoop it up.  he falls on it, carolinas on the 13, not the 4.

oooops.0.gif

Philly is at fault for his muffed punt. He did however have enough time to pick it up and run. He just didn't protect it. I wouldn't have faulted him if he did fall on it though. I just don't believe it was a bad decision to pick it up and run.

Norman did it again, and on the 5 yard line at that. He should have just fell on it at that point. It isn't the first time he has made a mistake like this and he clearly hasn't learned. I would be happy if we let him go today. It is jus how I feel.

Philly is a rookie. Norman is not. That does not free Philly of all blame, but Norman should have known better.

Archived