• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Norman was close to getting a flag last night.

Jeremy Igo

although Brown should have fallen on the fumble first, Norman is almost as guilty as not recovering too.  and then, yea i thought he was going to get flagged on this play.

No Brown did the right thing. The nearest Steeler was still about 10 yards away when he muffed it. Falling on it at about the 4 is way worse than picking it up and advancing it to probably the 10.

I pointed this out in other threads. Honestly I don't even blame him on the punt, that's all Philly. We need a return man, or even someone who can just hang onto the ball back there.

But as far as Norman goes, everytime he's out there he feels like he needs to do something to remind people he's out there. Given he's only out there for a limited number of snaps he needs to learn his role and shut his mouth. I hate quoting the dam Rock but it's so true when it comes to Josh Norman.

No Brown did the right thing. The nearest Steeler was still about 10 yards away when he muffed it. Falling on it at about the 4 is way worse than picking it up and advancing it to probably the 10.

No, he still fumbled trying to make a play that he screwed up to start with.  starting on the 4 is better than giving them 7 to put the game out of reach.  maybe letting the punt go into the EZ would have been the best play.  maybe 10 yards away when he muffed it but 4 yards away and closing fast after he picked it up to try and run.

Archived