• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvins TD

chknwing

I'd throw DA's stats out as a pocket passer and compare to Newton's so everyone could have a good laugh, but not going to bother.

Newton hit 68% of his throws and had over a 100 QBR with a poo OLine and no running game to speak of. He's not the problem. He wasn't the problem last night. Starting the guy who almost lost to the Bucs doesn't make us a better team.

I put them in the Game Thread last night when this same poo came up:

Derek Anderson (7+ seasons) - QB rating 70.0, completion 53.2%, 9436 yards, 55 TD passes, 55 interceptions.

Cam Newton (3+ seasons) - QB rating 86.7, completion 60.0%, 11580 yards, 65 TD passes, 42 interceptions

You don't even know what reading a defense mean. Hint, it has nothing to do with reading.

No sh*t. Don't assume everybody on here doesn't know football. I played QB all throughout high school and a little at a D-2 college. Cam gets confused trying to simply figure out what coverages are being thrown at him. It still shows, which is why he can never throw a receiver open.

Bc of a garbage time TD toss against backups?

It's really about the location of the ball and the touch he put on the pass nothing wrong with giving DA some credit on a well executed play. The starting CB wouldn't have had any chance on that one either but the catch was just as good as the throw and yes Benji could have caught Cams throw if he would have jumped properly.

You're the Al Bundy type. You scored 4 TDs in a single game. You're re-living your glory days spouting nonsense like you know more than anyone. The game is about throwing the football to the most open guy. It's not about style. Most slant passes or passes in the middle can only be completed by throwing the receiver open and Cam have no problem throwing them. That's how I know you have no idea what you're talking about. Throwing open my ass!

This conversation has went way over your head. I'm done talking to idiot fans. And yeah, Cam doesn't have to throw receivers open because he will just miss them high anyway.

Archived