• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvins TD

chknwing

DA's passes are easier catch esp that lob ball into the end zone. Cam zips with full power on most of his throws which results in alot more dropped balls

This is true. Cam doesn't know anything except fast balls. I know WR's are supposed to catch everything, but sometimes it is just easier catching balls from another QB.

DA was money on that pass.

I keep pondering if DA started the whole 2nd half would the outcome be different?

This is true. Cam doesn't know anything except fast balls. I know WR's are supposed to catch everything, but sometimes it is just easier catching balls from another QB.

With our OL, if we start DA the whole game, sooner or later he is going to get pressured heavily and force it.

It seems people have forgotten that near INT he had against Tampa late in the game that if caught would have likely been ran back for a TD, the defender had it right in his hands. We got a very lucky bounce there. I like DA too, but he's a backup for a reason, simple as that.

I think DA understands better on where to put the ball for Kelvin.  That was text book ball placement.  If you watch some of Kelvins catches from cam, many are Kelvin making a great play on a poor throw.

This is funny, because as I mentioned in another thread, that was the first of DA's passes to KB that was actually a good throw and not just an amazing catch by KB.  Cam has been placing them MUCH better for KB than DA overall, and his earlier pass to KB was just as good as DA's.  Most of DA's passes have been low, which is one of the worst places for a tall WR like KB.  Much better for them to be at face level or higher so only KB can get it.

With our OL, if we start DA the whole game, sooner or later he is going to get pressured heavily and force it.

It seems people have forgotten that near INT he had against Tampa late in the game that if caught would have likely been ran back for a TD, the defender had it right in his hands. We got a very lucky bounce there. I like DA too, but he's a backup for a reason, simple as that.

I'm not disputing that. You are right. However, at this point, Derek Anderson makes quicker decisions and throws a better ball then Cam. There is a reason our offense always flows better when DA is in. That is not a knock on Cam. It is just how our scheme is. Our scheme calls for a pure pocket passer that can read a defense, which DA fits that role better. Whereas Cam would absolutely kill it in Chip Kelly's offense.

I'm not disputing that. You are right. However, at this point, Derek Anderson makes quicker decisions and throws a better ball then Cam. There is a reason our offense always flows better when DA is in. That is not a knock on Cam. It is just how our scheme is. Our scheme calls for a pure pocket passer that can read a defense, which DA fits that role better. Whereas Cam would absolutely kill it in Chip Kelly's offense.

By the time DA came in against the Steelers, the game was already over.

If he had gotten the start, with the way our OL was performing, we may have ended up getting the man hurt.

I think this fan base takes Newton for granted, and it's a shame. He's a very tough player, but we've gotta protect him.

I'd throw DA's stats out as a pocket passer and compare to Newton's so everyone could have a good laugh, but not going to bother.

Newton hit 68% of his throws and had over a 100 QBR with a poo OLine and no running game to speak of. He's not the problem. He wasn't the problem last night. Starting the guy who almost lost to the Bucs doesn't make us a better team.

By the time DA came in against the Steelers, the game was already over.

If he had gotten the start, with the way our OL was performing, we may have ended up getting the man hurt.

I think this fan base takes Newton for granted, and it's a shame. He's a very tough player, but we've gotta protect him.

At the same time, he has to make quicker decisions and get the ball our faster. I'm not blaming it all on him because I know our O-line isn't good, but if he could read a defense better, then the ball would come out faster. Of course, if we didn't have Shula calling plays, maybe everything would look better. I never have believed in Shula and never will.

Archived