• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long is the Huddle gonna defend Shula?

MedellinHeel

Let's get Norv Turner here so we can get back to being 8-8 but scoring more points.

Some of you guys most have loved 2011 when we went 6-10 but we were "fun to watch"

I like the 14-5 record myself even if we are a little boring

we don't want him as HC and if we scored more points how would we lose more unless the D went down?

we don't want him as HC and if we scored more points how would we lose more unless the D went down?

Turnovers, sacks, etc. The same reason San Diego always had highly ranked offenses and sometimes defenses but still kinda sucked.

Rivers has looked 10x better since Turner left

Turner is one of the most overrated offensive coaches off all time.

Turnovers, sacks, etc. The same reason San Diego always had highly ranked offenses and sometimes defenses but still kinda sucked.

Rivers has looked 10x better since Turner left

Turner is one of the most overrated offensive coaches off all time.

but if we score more points which is what we need. Again the D would have to fall off for us to score more and lose more.

if we're cap strapped and didn't bring in high draft picks or notable free agents, then how are we built to be a power running team? Cam being a dual threat QB is not the point, he's rushed for 2,000 yards in 3 years and a lot were designed runs in his 1st 2 years.. He's not a RB, he's a QB. You take that way, one reason being cause he's injured our rushing per game drops. The HC even says he's a big part of our rushing attack

GO back and look at what the guys we did draft were noted to be.  Both Turner this year and Silatolu were beasts in the run game.  Look at the size of the guys like Bell and Chandler.  They are road grader types who are big bodies not pass blockers who are smaller and more finesse players.

Again we are talking apples and oranges. You are arguing Cam should not be running so much, I am saying that guys like Tolbert and Stewart as well as the guys on the line were drafted or picked up for a power rushing attack.  That is how we are built. Just because we are not doing it very well for various reasons doesn't mean that it isn't how we are built.     

We've never won a game under Shula in which we've given up more than 20 points. If a team scores 21+ on us, we lose.

Carolina has given up 21+ points TWICE in the regular season since Shula arrived. 

The record??? 0-2

The previous two seasons the Panthers gave up 21+ points 19 times...

The record??? 3-16

This team will go exactly as far as the defense can carry them and no further.

But if the defense is good enough, that could be all the way to the Super Bowl.

Let's get Norv Turner here so we can get back to being 8-8 but scoring more points.

Some of you guys most have loved 2011 when we went 6-10 but we were "fun to watch"

I like the 14-5 record myself even if we are a little boring

Why do you keep bringing up 2011? Not the same team. We had poo Dr's and S's. Didn't have Star, Short, or the greatest MLB in the NFL.

Dumb analogy to try to make saying we can't score more points without our D not being good or losing more games.

Why do you keep bringing up 2011? Not the same team. We had poo Dr's and S's. Didn't have Star, Short, or the greatest MLB in the NFL.

Dumb analogy to try to make saying we can't score more points without our D not being good or losing more games.

That is not what I am saying at all. We can score more points without effecting the defense. By being more efficient on offense and executing better.

Problem is, we are already pretty efficient on offense (or at least was last year). In order to score more points we are going to have to be top 5 in efficiency instead of just top 10.

But upping pace will impact the defense statistically. There isn't really a debate on that. It may not effect their efficiency though in which case it would be a wash.

I don't want to sacrifice efficiency just for the sake of scoring more points and gaining more yards. Because that does negatively affect defenses and you could be sacrificing giving up more yards and points than u are gaining thus have a net negative effect on the team as a whole.

At the end of the day I am looking at efficiency, where we have been pretty good, and record where we are 14-5 and wondering what the problem is. We are scoring on a high % of possessions and we are winning games. What more do people want?

GO back and look at what the guys we did draft were noted to be.  Both Turner this year and Silatolu were beasts in the run game.  Look at the size of the guys like Bell and Chandler.  They are road grader types who are big bodies not pass blockers who are smaller and more finesse players.

Again we are talking apples and oranges. You are arguing Cam should not be running so much, I am saying that guys like Tolbert and Stewart as well as the guys on the line were drafted or picked up for a power rushing attack.  That is how we are built. Just because we are not doing it very well for various reasons doesn't mean that it isn't how we are built.     

Chandler is not a road grader. Roadgraders are 325+ pounds. 

they had the #1 defense and #1 offense in 2010 and still went 9-7

You remember that play by Philly Brown where he fumbled the punt for a score and the offsides on the field goal attempt? That is what happened to that 2010 SD team. Special teams bent them over

Archived