• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long is the Huddle gonna defend Shula?

MedellinHeel

Reunite norv turner with ron rivera and u become effective on both sides of the ball.

That may not even work. I wonder if more of your o issues lie with running the Coryell. I used to be a huge proponent, but in the last 2 years I've changed my tune watching PR run McCoys O (Erhardt-Perkins with ZBS).

I know your OL talent is much better suited for that since plays don't need to develop like the Coryell plays do. It's just the question of whether the WRs can get earlier separation and Cam can make the right reads/throws.

The reality is that we have never stressed being a high scoring offense like the Saints or Eagles.  What Rivera wants is a ball control offense which controls the clock, employs a run heavy scheme and allows the defense to win the game.  Our personnel on offense are geared in that direction and that is what we run.  Shula is doing exactly what he was hired to do and exactly what our team was built to do from a personnel side.

You can't reasonably expect the offense just to become a high scoring offense unless we are built for that and our design on offense is geared to do just that. Shula is doing what he was hired to do and what he can with the folks he was given.  If we aren't Philly for example it is because we are not built for that.  And that is a whole lot more complicated than just saying it the OCs fault.

The reality is that we have never stressed being a high scoring offense like the Saints or Eagles.  What Rivera wants is a ball control offense which controls the clock, employs a run heavy scheme and allows the defense to win the game.  Our personnel on offense are geared in that direction and that is what we run.  Shula is doing exactly what he was hired to do and exactly what our team was built to do from a personnel side.

You can't reasonably expect the offense just to become a high scoring offense unless we are built for that and our design on offense is geared to do just that. Shula is doing what he was hired to do and what he can with the folks he was given.  If we aren't Philly for example it is because we are not built for that.  And that is a whole lot more complicated than just saying it the OCs fault.

Too bad we aren't built that way either. We can't run the ball well cause our oline is not good. Honestly, they are better pass blockers than run blockers. As much as they called pass against the Steelers early on, I think our staff sees that, hopefully they do. At this point calling the run will have be perfect timing

Too bad we aren't built that way either. We can't run the ball well cause our oline is not good. Honestly, they are better pass blockers than run blockers. As much as they called pass against the Steelers early on, I think our staff sees that, hopefully they do. At this point calling the run will have be perfect timing

I think that folks are giving up on everything based on one poor performance and multiple injuries.  It seems to me that we looked pretty good when DeAngelo was running the ball in game 1.  Stewart has just not done much and Tolbert obviously has had issues.  Sure the OL is struggling but with new folks are multiple positions, who thought that we would be great right out of the chute.

I think that folks are giving up on everything based on one poor performance and multiple injuries.  It seems to me that we looked pretty good when DeAngelo was running the ball in game 1.  Stewart has just not done much and Tolbert obviously has had issues.  Sure the OL is struggling but with new folks are multiple positions, who thought that we would be great right out of the chute.

I dont think its off a few games, it dates back to last season. Any time your QB is the biggest edition to your running game, you have no running game. Its no coincidence that because he's hurt he has to stay in the pocket more, and our rushing per game has dropped. We're not built to be a power running team

This.

Startling stat. Proves our offense sucks and is incapable of putting up points in the clutch.

What about the second half of last season? Did we not come up clutch in the last few minutes against the Dolphins, Patriots and Saints? Sure there's a lot of things to beat up the offense on but I wouldn't say not putting up points in the clutch is one, not yet anyway

I dont think its off a few games, it dates back to last season. Any time your QB is the biggest edition to your running game, you have no running game. Its no coincidence that because he's hurt he has to stay in the pocket more, and our rushing per game has dropped. We're not built to be a power running team

First of all when you have a talent like Cam who is a dual threat quarterback you would be stupid not to use it.  Secondly most of his yards last year were scrambles and not designed runs.  Third when you are cap strapped and don't bring in high draft picks or noted free agents on the offensive line (3rd rounder is not high) what kind of run or pass game do you expect.  We are built for a power running team we just aren't doing it very well right now.

That may not even work. I wonder if more of your o issues lie with running the Coryell. I used to be a huge proponent, but in the last 2 years I've changed my tune watching PR run McCoys O (Erhardt-Perkins with ZBS).

I know your OL talent is much better suited for that since plays don't need to develop like the Coryell plays do. It's just the question of whether the WRs can get earlier separation and Cam can make the right reads/throws.

First of all when you have a talent like Cam who is a dual threat quarterback you would be stupid not to use it.  Secondly most of his yards last year were scrambles and not designed runs.  Third when you are cap strapped and don't bring in high draft picks or noted free agents on the offensive line (3rd rounder is not high) what kind of run or pass game do you expect.  We are built for a power running team we just aren't doing it very well right now.

if we're cap strapped and didn't bring in high draft picks or notable free agents, then how are we built to be a power running team? Cam being a dual threat QB is not the point, he's rushed for 2,000 yards in 3 years and a lot were designed runs in his 1st 2 years.. He's not a RB, he's a QB. You take that way, one reason being cause he's injured our rushing per game drops. The HC even says he's a big part of our rushing attack

Archived