• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long is the Huddle gonna defend Shula?

MedellinHeel

The combination of a shitty oline and Shula as your OC creates a terrible offense.

Yeah.  People are missing the point that an OC is supposed to compensate for a shitty O-line, not play into the hands of the defense.  

That's one of my main points of contention with Shula and his supporters.  You have to be able to adjust to the ebb and flow of the game.  When Shula and our offense gets in trouble, they just get deeper and deeper into trouble because of a loack of situational awareness.

You guys can b!tch about Shula all you want. What I saw was a team being beaten soundly on both sides of the ball.

The d-line and lb's were pushed around all night. Same with the o-line. We looked like HS kids playing against an SEC powerhouse.

We may be one of the heaviest teams in the league, but we sure didn't act like it last night.

Yeah. People are missing the point that an OC is supposed to compensate for a shitty O-line, not play into the hands of the defense.

That's one of my main points of contention with Shula and his supporters. You have to be able to adjust to the ebb and flow of the game. When Shula and our offense gets in trouble, they just get deeper and deeper into trouble because of a loack of situational awareness.

You give most OCs a crappy OL, rookie WRs and a hurt QB.....and their ain't gonna be lots of lemonade being made.

Ok. Let's look at points per game as well.

'96 - 30th

'97 - 23rd

'98 - 18th

'99 - 27th

'13 - 18th

Still consistently bad.

Stats can be manipulated to one's liking. Can you ignore the fact that Shula offense last year was:

5th - % of drives that led to 1st down or TD 

11th - Offensive Yards Per Drive - 

10th - Offensive Points per drive - 

Looks consistently good. 

Archived