• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can you relate?

Jeremy Igo

2014 Bucs = 2010 Panthers

I know, I know, we all take great joy in seeing the other teams in the south be demolished.

But just think back to 2010... when after 3 weeks we all knew the season was over.  Good lord was that awful.

Can any part of you find a little sympathy for Bucs fans? We do need them to beat the NFC North teams afterall.

Your Brandon is showing :)

2014 Bucs = 2010 Panthers

Can any part of you find a little sympathy for Bucs fans? We do need them to beat the NFC North teams afterall.

yes i absolutely can because....

I have a good buddy that's a Bucs fan. I've respected the Bucs since the year before their SB victory, I liked that team and couldn't find it in myself to hate them.  

i also have a good friend who is a Tampa fan. he was absolutely dejected last night. i felt bad for him. plus like Jawny says, i dont mind the Bucs. The Panthers and Bucs always play a great, competitive football game with each other. but it is rarely an angry, dirty matchup. nothing like the vitriol that the Panthers and Saints/Falcons have for one another. Tampa is actually one of the teams i try to follow in the NFC, mainly due to my friend. i feel bad for that organization and that fanbase. I do hope they can rebound soon. 

As for needing them to beat anyone, that's not true.  As long as we handle our business, everyone else can kick rocks.

i agree with this statement. it would have been nice if the Bucs could have knocked Atlanta two games back from us. but in the end, it shouldnt change anything for the Panthers. just win baby and you wont have to worry about who else beats who...

or up 35-0 in the 2nd with 1:16 until half ... Falcons tried to score again ... Just shows the class of Atlanta.

yea and the announcers had just as much class because they were trying to justify it. fug them too.

It proves the lesson that's taught every year and the Dolphins were the example last season:

You can't win by building a team through "star" free agents.  

Verner, Goldson, Collins, Michael Johnson, Clinton McDonald, Dietrich-Smith 

Lovie may have lost that fanbase in 3 weeks. 

Hard to feel sorry for a team that has given up so early.  If they were fighting hard and just didn't have the talent that would be different, like we were in 2010.

But they have the talent despite the injures they just don't try.

BTW did anyone feel sorry for us all those years we had a ton of injuries.

We hated the Bucs in the early 00s because of the players. Their fans are hard to hate because there aren't many of them. 

I know you have traitor blood in you Jeremy but the rest of us have no reason to feel sympathy for the Tampa region. I don't really feel anything towards the Bucs right now. I'm glad they suck but they are irrelevant.

I knew before the season started that their season was over and I said as much. McCown is terrible, and they didn't bother to draft a QB. I do want the Bucs to knock off some NFC teams, but I doubt they'll be able to do it.

The 2010 season was so bad that I didn't even watch the games live. I said right after the draft that Pickles was a bad pick and I got flamed for it. And to think Hurney wanted to trade up. I wanted Cam or A.J Green in the following draft, and thank god we took Cam. I also predicted here that Gabbert would be terrible, and that Chase Daniel (his predecessor) was a better QB (he was).

I kind of feel a bit of pity for the Bucs fans, but they have so few fans that it's hardly worth thinking about.

Archived