• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can you relate?

Jeremy Igo

I don't have nearly the same vitriol for the Bucs I have for the Falcons and Saints.  I definitely feel sorry for them.  I have a good buddy that's a Bucs fan and year in and year out it's the same dejected optimism from him when we talk football.  "This is the year we turn it around!" "Lovie this, VJax that, McCoy is a beast, our Defense is finally going to be upper tier" he says the words, but I hear it in his voice the belief isn't really there.  I've respected the Bucs since the year before their SB victory, I liked that team and couldn't find it in myself to hate them.  Since that team faded away I can still only hate them twice a year.

Question for everyone that is a true football fan. Is Lovie Smith a good coach? My friend and I got into an argument last evening and he was saying hes still a good coach even though his team had 9+ turnovers and gave up 56 points to the Falcons. I just couldn't fathom myself calling a coach "good" when their whole team was not prepared and played like complete dog poo.

Lovie is like Fox...average/mediocre, outdated, needs the right players to have any success. I think it will take time for Lovie to do anything in Tampa and when he does it won't be anything flashy or groundbreaking. There are worse coaches but there are better ones.

I almost felt sorry for Buc fans last night, almost. Nah, seriously though, it's hard for me to hate on Buc fans. Guess cause they have been poo for so long now. 

Would rather seen Atlanta on the other end of that beating though. 

Thing i dread now is Atlanta fans are going to think they are the best in the league. Guess we will have to smack em to reality come November.

Archived