• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steelers DC Dick LeBeau on Cam: “He’s the quintessential modern QB”

gettlemanjack

Dick LeBeau on Cam:

They started like 1-3 last year and then maybe ran off eight or nine straight games and I think you can chart that right to their quarterback. He just kind of took over and said we’re not going to lose. And that’s the way he was in college. He’s a special athlete and he makes them tick. He can keep plays alive. He’s a much better passer than maybe people give him credit for. But he can do it all and he’s a big guy.

He can throw the pocket balls but I would never call him a pocket passer. They put him back there with a couple guys and they run the read-option (and) the pistol stuff. He’s the quintessential modern quarterback. He can do both.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Coordinators-Corner-Haley-and-LeBeau/6ab0699f-325c-487d-937e-5f31df47c1d2

yeah, this wasn't just pregame opposing coach speak. this sounds like actual respect based on real knowledge.

of course a good bit of that turnaround had also to do with rivera and keek and their respective impacts on the team. cam is a great motivator, but he's not the only effective one on that team.

What's up with this coach speech BS. Why can't someone say something positive about an opponent and truly mean it? I understand not wanting to say something negative about someone but you typically don't rattle off all these things if he's an average guy. Think he would spend this long talking about someone like Josh McCown or another similar QB?

What's up with this coach speech BS. Why can't someone say something positive about an opponent and truly mean it? I understand not wanting to say something negative about someone but you typically don't rattle off all these things if he's an average guy. Think he would spend this long talking about someone like Josh McCown or another similar QB?

no one said this was just coach speak.

Archived