• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBC Sunday Night Football arrives in Charlotte...

gettlemanjack

NBC:

"TOGETHER WE MAKE FOOTBALL” FEATURES THE STORY OF 13-YEAR-OLD CAROLINA PANTHERS FAN AUSTIN SMITH TOMORROW MORNING ON TODAY

Tomorrow’s “Together We Make Football” segment on TODAY tells the inspirational story of 13-year-old Carolina Panthers fan Austin Smith, who loves the Carolina Panthers, Cam Newton and fantasy football. At age 3, Austin was diagnosed with a mild case of cerebral palsy affecting his lower body. His diagnosis resulted in surgeries followed by eight years of physical therapy. Austin regained some mobility, but still uses a wheel chair.

Nonetheless, Austin competes in the Challenger Flag Football League for kids with disabilities sponsored by the Carolina Panthers. He also is the commissioner of his fantasy football league, posting weekly fantasy reports on YouTube. Last fall, Austin passed up a chance to meet his favorite Panthers player, but is in for a surprise tomorrow.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2014/09/18/together-we-make-football-features-the-story-of-13-year-old-carolina-panthers-fan-austin-smith-tomorrow-morning-on-today/

coming to Charlotte are...

Calling Steelers-Panthers is seven-time Emmy Award-winner Al Michaels (play-by-play), in his 29th season as the voice of the NFL’s premier primetime package; 15-time Emmy Award-winner Cris Collinsworth , who has won the Emmy for Outstanding Event Analyst in each of his five seasons in the Sunday Night Football booth; and two-time Emmy Award-winning sideline reporter Michele Tafoya.

NBC’s coverage of Sunday Night Football is led by Emmy Award-winning producer Fred Gaudelli and Emmy Award-winning director Drew Esocoff . Sunday Night Football has won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Sports Series for a record six consecutive years.

Football Night in America, the most-watched studio show in sports, is hosted by 26-time Emmy Award-winner Bob Costas, who will report from Bank of America Stadium on Sunday. Costas will be joined on site by Collinsworth, Tafoya, two-time Super Bowl winner Hines Ward, and NBC Sports commentator Josh Elliott .

(left back at NBC Sports Studio in Stamford, CT are Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison, Mike Florio, and Peter King)

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2014/09/17/cam-newton-and-the-carolina-panthers-host-ben-roethlisberger-and-the-pittsburgh-steelers-on-sunday-night-football/

nbc-sports-group.jpg

The NBC Sports Group is headquartered outside NewYork City in Stamford, Conn.

that's it?

No, prolly because he uses his halftime solo speech to rant/tell us all his stance on various political/social issues, instead of keeping politics/social issues out of a few hours that people like to spend to try and forget about said political/social issues. 

While I agree with this sentiment, speaking personally my main problem with Costas is he is the definition of opportunistic. Take the Redskins thing for example. Costas has worked for NBC since 1980 and only when a big event happens does he take the time to care. It's simply piling on the big issues.

Or maybe his opinion changed.  In 1980 there wasn't as big of a public sentiment to have that name removed from the Washington NFL team.  Times change and the way people look at issues change.  To claim people can't change the way they look at things is pretty hypocritical.

I think we are all pretty sure where Bob stands on this issue.

If our mothers, wives or children were being beaten/threatened by guys twice their size, I'm pretty sure where most of the posters on this board would stand on the topic too.

Too many people here seem to be wearing blinders when it comes to their favorite team.

Is it too much to ask Boob Costas to cover the game and not use his platform to preach what he thinks? If I wanted to hear political commentary I wouldn't turn on Sunday Night Football.

Archived