• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBC Sunday Night Football arrives in Charlotte...

gettlemanjack

Panthers tweeted NBC SNF telling them: "You have to get some Carolina BBQ while you are here. ...or a Hog Molly Sandwich."

Bx17bKbCIAIlxHI.png

Guess we should be prepared for them to ream us Sunday night because we are trying to murder our fans with our unhealthy food choices. 

NBC Sports PR:

The NBC SNF Bus Makes Charlotte Debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway tomorrow, Saturday at the Festival in the Park at Freedom Park, Sunday at BOA Stadium for the game

The Sunday Night Football bus continues its tour this week traveling to Charlotte for the first time, stopping at Charlotte Motor Speedway tomorrow and Charlotte’s Festival in the Park on Saturday before making its way to Romare Bearden Park near Bank of America Stadium for the Steelers-Panthers game on Sunday Night Football.

Fri., Sept. 19 Charlotte Motor Speedway’s AutoFair, 5555 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, N.C., 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. ET

Sat., Sept. 21 Freedom Park for Charlotte’s Festival in the Park, 1409 East Blvd, Charlotte, N.C., 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. ET

Sun., Sept. 22 Fan Zone at Romare Bearden Park (Charlotte, N.C.), 5 p.m. leading up to kick off of Sunday Night Football

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2014/09/18/sunday-night-football-bus-makes-charlotte-debut-tomorrow/

Hopefully those you care about are immune to domestic violence.

Not everyone in this country is so fortunate.

True, I'm just saying I'm basing my personal opinions and conclusions based on facts.

How does a man of Greg's stature and physique 'beat' a woman but she has no injuries besides light bruising?  He wasn't even arrested that night.  This is a case by case thing, if the Rice video never came out Hardy would be playing, it's just become the flavor of the month right now.

We undoubtedly will re-hear the same narrative by NBC causing the public to 'really super care about domestic violence now!", pretty disingenuous if you ask me, but ratings are ratings.  And controversy definitely gets ratings.  

True, I'm just saying I'm basing my personal opinions and conclusions based on facts.

How does a man of Greg's stature and physique 'beat' a woman but she has no injuries besides light bruising?  He wasn't even arrested that night.  This is a case by case thing, if the Rice video never came out Hardy would be playing, it's just become the flavor of the month right now.

We undoubtedly will re-hear the same narrative by NBC causing the public to 'really super care about domestic violence now!", pretty disingenuous if you ask me, but ratings are ratings.  And controversy definitely gets ratings.

It certainly seems Ray Rice got the medias attention and it all went downhill from there for the rest of the NFL.

I would submit however that this is not just a flavor of the month issue.

Star athletes have been treated with kid gloves for years when it comes to DV among other deviant behavior. The day of reckoning for sports leagues and conferences has been a long time coming.

I believe that day has arrived.

Public, media and NFL sponsors' pressure will not let this issue die an easy death.

That is why the NFL is now scrambling to create new policies for their players. What the NFL does, as the premier sports league in the country, will impact how all the other leagues and college conferences react as well.

Bottom Line: Our nation's laws have their place, but athletes need to realize, poor behavior, illegal or not, will have a big impact on their ability to gain and retain employment.

They are no longer an exception to the rule.

I'm jealous, bet BoA will be electric.

Last year pats MNF was my first night game there and it was incredible, hopefully it will approach that level.

I was at that game as well and I am hopeful this one exceeds it.  I know I will be doing my part.

Archived