• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans to use JJ Watt "more and more" as a TE

gettlemanjack

last game, Watt caught a touchdown pass after lining up as a tight end on second-and-1 from the 1-yard line on the Texans ' first drive of the game.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien:

"Yeah, I think that is somebody that, whether it is goal line or the normal part of the offense, I can see us using him more and more [on offense] moving forward here," O'Brien said.

"You've got a guy that is sitting over there that is 6-7, 295 pounds," O'Brien said. "He can jump. He was a tight end early in his career in high school and in college, so he's got an idea on how to catch the ball and he can block. We can use him in different packages at tight end, which is good."

JJ Watt:

"Whatever I can do to help the team win," Watt said. "If the coaches call my number (at TE), I will most definitely be ready to go."

he'll be covered next time.

he's still not a receiver.

the new LB coach for the Texans, Mike Vrabel, was a 6-4/261 All-Pro LB for the Patriots (and an All-American DE at Ohio State before that) and the Patriots used him as a TE on offense and he caught 10 TD passes for them (including one in Super Bowl XXXVIII against the Panthers and one in Super Bowl XXXIX against the Eagles). Then Vrabel played LB for the Chiefs, and they used him as TE on offense too, and he had 2 TD catches for them

Patriots Daily wrote that: "Each touchdown looks relatively similar — Vrabel slips unnoticed past the defensive line on a short little down and out or down and in play"

(Tom Brady said) “If they’re playing the pass and you run it then they’re screwed, and if you try to make it look like a run and Vrabel slips out for a pass, then you leave him open.”

Bill Belichick said... “It’s tough on the goal line. You’re trying to stop the run, play-action passes. You’re only defending a yard, so it’s tough,” Belichick said.

http://www.patriotsdaily.com/2007/10/inside-gillette-10/

2004superbowl19.r.jpg

Brady to Vrabel in Super Bowl XXXVIII

the new LB coach for the Texans, Mike Vrabel, was a 6-4/261 All-Pro LB for the Patriots (and an All-American DE at Ohio State before that) and the Patriots used him as a TE on offense and he caught 10 TD passes for them (including one in Super Bowl XXXVIII against the Panthers and one in Super Bowl XXXIX against the Eagles). Then Vrabel played LB for the Chiefs, and they used him as TE on offense too, and he had 2 TD catches for them

Patriots Daily wrote that: "Each touchdown looks relatively similar — Vrabel slips unnoticed past the defensive line on a short little down and out or down and in play"

(Tom Brady said) “If they’re playing the pass and you run it then they’re screwed, and if you try to make it look like a run and Vrabel slips out for a pass, then you leave him open.”

Bill Belichick said... “It’s tough on the goal line. You’re trying to stop the run, play-action passes. You’re only defending a yard, so it’s tough,” Belichick said.

http://www.patriotsdaily.com/2007/10/inside-gillette-10/

2004superbowl19.r.jpg

Brady to Vrabel in Super Bowl XXXVIII

Fully aware of that info...............thanks,

just don't think this will last.

Archived