• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Defense PFF Stats After 2 Weeks

MedellinHeel

Idc what the stats say. He's huge every Sunday. CJ and Star are the reason why guys like Edwards and Addison are having a great start.

This is 100% accurate. And a reason that I hate PFF. They never take into account things like this.

Doesnt PFF incorporate double teams in their analysis? I thought they did.....

Dunno, but as it has been said many times in other posts, PFF is just arbitrary numbers. I mean, it's easy to say, 'yeah, CJ has been playing down this year', but, last game Mario Addison had 2 sacks. There's a reason for that. 

Dunno, but as it has been said many times in other posts, PFF is just arbitrary numbers. I mean, it's easy to say, 'yeah, CJ has been playing down this year', but, last game Mario Addison had 2 sacks. There's a reason for that. 

I am about 95% positive they include double teams in their stats. 

Addison had two sacks because he blew around the OT with speed and also hit the OT on an inside cutback/swim move. 

I am about 95% positive they include double teams in their stats.

Addison had two sacks because he blew around the OT with speed and also hit the OT on an inside cutback/swim move.

Exactly. Now, imagine why he was able to do that. Pressure up the middle? TE on the outside to chip on CJ's side? A slot receiver on the opposite side so he has no one to come close to covering him up?

There's so much that goes into what happens in a game. PFF's numbers are just an arbitrary designation of what they see, even if they don't see the big picture.

Exactly. Now, imagine why he was able to do that. Pressure up the middle? TE on the outside to chip on CJ's side? A slot receiver on the opposite side so he has no one to come close to covering him up?

There's so much that goes into what happens in a game. PFF's numbers are just an arbitrary designation of what they see, even if they don't see the big picture.

Pressure up the middle. 

If that is only reason, CJ has the same benefit. 

TE chip.

I do not know if that was the case. 

PFF is the closest thing you will get when it comes to evaluating players. 

Our best players so far this year have been Luke and Olsen and guess who is number 1 and 2 on our team on PFF rankings. 

OL has been god awful in the run blocking. Guess what shows up on PFF. 

You are lucky I do not have NFL Game Pass yet, as I would go and watch both of Addison's sacks to give a complete break down of it. 

Not sure why you can not acknowledge that maybe just maybe Addison got his sacks on some nice speed / moves by him alone (or the suckatude of the OL that was blocking him). That is a possibility. 

Archived