• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Offense PFF Stats After 2 weeks

MedellinHeel

When I look at the stats, I'm not as disheartened as I thought I would be.  Looking at Trai, his -0.7 doesn't bother me that much because he's a rookie.  He has also gone against two very good defensive interiors.  Week one we didn't have Cam so teams were able to focus more on the RB/FB and not the threat of our running QB.  I think it would be a good comparison to see if he did better week one or week two since we had different QBs. 

WEAKNESSES

Lacks ideal length. Has thick hips and a fleshy midsection, which affects his ability to maneuver, position and fit. Ordinary hip snap. Has balance issues. Tends to bend at the waist and let his weight drift over his toes. Body control wanes the farther he travels. Technique needs work.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/trai-turner?id=2543606

The rest of the season I expect him to improve quite a bit.  As the year goes on our offensive line coaches will be able to work with him on his technique so he can be more effective when blocking especially when he has to pull.  Most teams aren't going to be as stacked in the middle as TB and Detroit.  His good showing in pass blocking has me pleasantly surprised.  I fully expect him to become a fixture for our interior offensive line for years to come.  Along with Kalil at C, our interior could be really nice for the next 4-5 years.

Archived