• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Post ranks Panthers #1 of all 32 NFL teams

gettlemanjack

Who was it last season who started off like 5-0 and then dropped something like 7 straight....

Stay focused folks!

It was the Chiefs, and they won 9 straight by playing the world-beaters Jags, Cowboys, Giants, Raiders, Titans, Texans, Browns, Bills and Eagles.

But I agree, we need to stay focused as anything can change. The good news is our strength is deep and travels well. Barring injuries (knocking on wood) there is no reason why we shouldn't be a playoff contender.

I have had this strong feeling that this is our year, by that I mean our year to make it to the SB. Seeing other teams in the NFC I can 100% say with full confidence there is not one single NFC team better than us. Seattle hasnt looked good, even in their win against the Pack, they just dont look like the same team for some reason. The 9ers have mid season meltdown written all over them, the Eagles D is terrible and arent built for post season success. The Packers had to get lucky to just beat the Jets at lambeu field.

The only team that comes close to us are the Cards imo. After week 2 we are no 1 in the entire NFC and Denver is no 1 in the AFC. Also, lets not forget, Cam won his national championship at the same stadium the SB is being held.

I predict we finish no 1 in the NFC, NFC championship game will be either us vs Seattle or us vs the Cards and we go to the SB to play Denver, I do see us however losing to Denver in the SB and manning retiring. Denver is just too good and frankly, I wouldnt like losing to them but if we die you really couldnt be mad because that offense with Manning is otherworldly

LOL

Don't get too comfortable folks. We have a bitch of a schedule and teams will be looking for some "McRibs" all season long...

We dominate the Steelers Sunday night and I might start to get a little gitty, BUT we have a loooooong way to go.

yea i am tempering my expectations until we play the Bengals. if we go into that game 5-0 and put up a great fight, win or lose, i will let my optimism rule supreme. but these next three games are the epitome of "must-win" for the Panthers. the steelers and ravens both have an ungodly amount of weaknesses that this Panthers team should exploit, and the Bears cant seem to play defense to save their lives. 

for now, i will guard my optimism. there is reason for some optimism, but anyone who lets it loose at this point might be sorely disappointed going into the bye week this season. 

i'd rather stay guarded and be wrong, than get my hopes up and be wrong

Archived