• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Post ranks Panthers #1 of all 32 NFL teams

gettlemanjack

1. Carolina Panthers (2-0), Last week’s ranking: 3

The Panthers are for real. Their defense allowed 4.6 net yards per pass through the first two weeks of the season and is rated as the second best defensive unit in the league by Pro Football Focus .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/09/16/panthers-bengals-and-bills-lead-week-2-of-fancy-stats-nfl-power-rankings/

ok there is an explanation to some of the whackiness

There is quite a shake-up in the rankings, which is not surprising considering we are dealing with a two-game sample size. Part of my method incorporates margin of victory and strength of schedule, which is determined using the Simple Rating System. SRS places equal weight on each game played and focuses more on margin of victory than won-loss records and are expressed in points, so the Buffalo Bills, who have the highest SRS rating in the NFL, is at plus-51.1. That means the Bills are 51.1 points per game better than an average team. These will normalize as the season progresses.

1. Carolina Panthers (2-0), Last week’s ranking: 3

The Panthers are for real. Their defense allowed 4.6 net yards per pass through the first two weeks of the season and is rated as the second best defensive unit in the league by Pro Football Focus .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/09/16/panthers-bengals-and-bills-lead-week-2-of-fancy-stats-nfl-power-ranki

It is good to see the Washington Post giving the Panthers some credit. I was suprised they dropped the Seahhawks from #1 last week to # 17 this week.I don't place a lot of credibility in these early raking but it is still fun to check some of them out.

I have had this strong feeling that this is our year, by that I mean our year to make it to the SB. Seeing other teams in the NFC I can 100% say with full confidence there is not one single NFC team better than us. Seattle hasnt looked good, even in their win against the Pack, they just dont look like the same team for some reason. The 9ers have mid season meltdown written all over them, the Eagles D is terrible and arent built for post season success. The Packers had to get lucky to just beat the Jets at lambeu field.

The only team that comes close to us are the Cards imo. After week 2 we are no 1 in the entire NFC and Denver is no 1 in the AFC. Also, lets not forget, Cam won his national championship at the same stadium the SB is being held.

I predict we finish no 1 in the NFC, NFC championship game will be either us vs Seattle or us vs the Cards and we go to the SB to play Denver, I do see us however losing to Denver in the SB and manning retiring. Denver is just too good and frankly, I wouldnt like losing to them but if we die you really couldnt be mad because that offense with Manning is otherworldly

I'll feel really good if your prognostication is correct CP... Aint no way in Hell we're gonna lose to Foxball in Feb... They thought they saw a good defense last year......

But this is now, not February. Only thing on the menu right now is Steely McBeam... Next course, get your goggles, theres gonna be beaks & feathers everywhere.... Or some quote like that...

Archived