• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question/Possible Suggestion About Concessions

chknwing

I know most of the ppl working the concessions are volunteers, but the whole process is slow and I am comparing it to other arenas etc I have been in.  I watched in line as it took 7 1/2 mins to give a man a draft beer.  In the other line a guy got a plain hot dog, nothing else and was able to escape in just under 7 mins.  Really?  My own order took aproximately 6 mins, and it was just nachos.  Half time is what 12 mins?  Are you telling me they can only serve 2 ppl before halftime is over?  As I watched, it was obviously clear what a few of the issues were.  One carding the ppl buying alcohol, 2 explaining to them they can only buy 2.  The other issue is, its just not very organized.  I watched as my nachos were handed off to 4 different ppl before it was ready.  Thats crazy.  My suggestion is, only serve alcohol at the kiosks etc.  The ppl just wanting alcohol will get it faster, their wont be drunks bitching in the food lines, and the ppl behind the counters can concentrate on just food and not have to worry about serving minors etc.

flamed in 3..2..1

I know most of the ppl working the concessions are volunteers, but the whole process is slow and I am comparing it to other arenas etc I have been in.  I watched in line as it took 7 1/2 mins to give a man a draft beer.  In the other line a guy got a plain hot dog, nothing else and was able to escape in just under 7 mins.  Really?  My own order took aproximately 6 mins, and it was just nachos.  Half time is what 12 mins?  Are you telling me they can only serve 2 ppl before halftime is over?  As I watched, it was obviously clear what a few of the issues were.  One carding the ppl buying alcohol, 2 explaining to them they can only buy 2.  The other issue is, its just not very organized.  I watched as my nachos were handed off to 4 different ppl before it was ready.  Thats crazy.  My suggestion is, only serve alcohol at the kiosks etc.  The ppl just wanting alcohol will get it faster, their wont be drunks bitching in the food lines, and the ppl behind the counters can concentrate on just food and not have to worry about serving minors etc.

flamed in 3..2..1

Concessions at BOA have always sucked.  I've also always been floored by the lack of ATMs...at BANK of America stadium...much better run at TWC arena vs. BOA.  

Concessions at BOA have always sucked. I've also always been floored by the lack of ATMs...at BANK of America stadium...much better run at TWC arena vs. BOA.

Ugh....I have to disagree there. I leave after the halftime show for a beer and usually end up missing most of the 3rd quarter. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone

Ugh....I have to disagree there. I leave after the halftime show for a beer and usually end up missing most of the 3rd quarter. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone

I don't have that bad luck there.  now, if you mean the beer garden upstairs, yes that takes for ever I agree.  They need another one downstairs.  And more taps. And more bartenders.

I don't have that bad luck there. now, if you mean the beer garden upstairs, yes that takes for ever I agree. They need another one downstairs. And more taps. And more bartenders.

Yeah I was talking about the beer garden. They're super slow. They also understaff on less popular games so no matter what it always takes 15-20 minutes

Sent from my iPhone

Concessions at BOA have always sucked.  I've also always been floored by the lack of ATMs...at BANK of America stadium...much better run at TWC arena vs. BOA.  

so what I'm hearing is .........

a stadium named after a bank has limited access to ATM's inside the stadium..........and

the concessions at said stadium are slow as hell and the owner made his fortune in the fast food business.

you can[t make this sh*t up.

Yeah I was talking about the beer garden. They're super slow. They also understaff on less popular games so no matter what it always takes 15-20 minutes

Sent from my iPhone

I share season tix with some other guys. We sent in our survey and complained about that specifically.  Plus, why should we pay for lower bowl and have to hike upstairs for a good beer? Open another garden!  Waaaaa I know I know :)

I share season tix with some other guys. We sent in our survey and complained about that specifically. Plus, why should we pay for lower bowl and have to hike upstairs for a good beer? Open another garden! Waaaaa I know I know :)

No I agree completely. I did the same in the survey. Plus I blow them up on Twitter the whole time I'm in line and missing the game.

Sent from my iPhone

so what I'm hearing is .........

a stadium named after a bank has limited access to ATM's inside the stadium..........and

the concessions at said stadium are slow as hell and the owner made his fortune in the fast food business.

you can[t make this sh*t up.

:) I stood in line at an ATM once for an entire quarter.  

The concessions for food are terrible, but I have never had a problem getting a beer. It literally takes two seconds to walk up and grab a couple Coors Lights from the beer stand. If you want a craft beer I guess it might take awhile but your at a football game drink a "cheap" 7 dollar Budweiser and get back to the game. 

Archived