• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2009's Best Rushing Attack? Try The Carolina Panthers

Sultan33g

What gets me is whenever I read an article about our running backs, or specifically DeAngelo Williams, they always mention his yards and TD's last year, but no one mentions the fact that he fumbled 0 times. Given his yardage, his TD's, his carries, that's almost as amazing a stat as all the others. At least it's impressive to me.

What gets me is whenever I read an article about our running backs, or specifically DeAngelo Williams, they always mention his yards and TD's last year, but no one mentions the fact that he fumbled 0 times. Given his yardage, his TD's, his carries, that's almost as amazing a stat as all the others. At least it's impressive to me.

Kudos to you sir, it makes me sick to hear all about AP's performance last year and them not mention his fumbles. I would take 1500 yards with 0 fumbles over 1700 yards with 9 fumbles.

Our offensive line is really the main reason we're so dominant. I was rewatching the game @ NYG a couple weeks ago and nearly every single down our big uglies would open up holes the size of China. It's kind of hard not to run well with that.

I rewatched alot of the games from last season. Here's a few things I noticed...

Almost every big run included a key lead block from Hoover.

The height of our RBs worked in their favor as defenders had problems finding them behind our huge OLine.

Defenses being disciplined and protecting against cutbacks were key. Both our backs showed great vision, and if the D overpursued they made them pay.

We actually had more big plays when teams stacked the box. You also had more runs with little or no gain but when our backs broke past the initial line, they'd be left 1-on-1 with a safety and you'd almost always have a 20+ yard play.

The very few times I saw teams put 9 guys in the box, Smitty quickly changed their minds on that strategy. One exception being the 1st Bucs game, where we just couldn't get anything going offensively.

When you add in everything, the OLine, TE, FB and yeah, even WRs, we're probably the best team in the league at run blocking. I think we'll definitely be in the top 5 rushing, with a good chance to take the #1 spot. Just gotta stay healthy...

Kudos to you sir, it makes me sick to hear all about AP's performance last year and them not mention his fumbles. I would take 1500 yards with 0 fumbles over 1700 yards with 9 fumbles.

Couple that with 18 td's over 8, and the most runs over 10, 20 and 40 yards, it should be a no-brainer who had the best performance as a RB last year.

Amen! Every time my husband the Vikings fan starts going on and on about how great AP is, I just "NINE. N-I-N-E. NINE". And that gets him to shut up (for a little while).:rolleyes:

Archived